HONG KONG Chanel Club

I saw two pink caviar minis today and both had bad creasing in the interiors, one even had leather lifting off the entire bottom of the bag, i.e. you can feel that the leather is not secured to the base. I was so shocked to see the type of quality on offer. [emoji33] Hopefully no one went home with the two that I saw because SA didn't seem too surprised/bothered by it.

Im waiting for a good one, but can't help feeling a little afraid for what might be an indication of quality issues with this season's minis. [emoji53]

I saw two pink caviar minis today and both had bad creasing in the interiors, one even had leather lifting off the entire bottom of the bag, i.e. you can feel that the leather is not secured to the base. I was so shocked to see the type of quality on offer. [emoji33] Hopefully no one went home with the two that I saw because SA didn't seem too surprised/bothered by it.

Im waiting for a good one, but can't help feeling a little afraid for what might be an indication of quality issues with this season's minis. [emoji53]

I bought a classic medium this June in HK and the base is same, I thought it was quality issue but apparently not. It appears that all other flaps are the same (with bottom leather lifted up). I've been using the bag for 5 months, the leather has sunk after several use, now it looks very normal!

I bought a classic medium this June in HK and the base is same, I thought it was quality issue but apparently not. It appears that all other flaps are the same (with bottom leather lifted up). I've been using the bag for 5 months, the leather has sunk after several use, now it looks very normal!

Ack I'm glad it worked out for you! But none of my bags had this lifting and I sure hope it's not the norm anytime soon! [emoji15][emoji171]

Ack I'm glad it worked out for you! But none of my bags had this lifting and I sure hope it's not the norm anytime soon! [emoji15][emoji171]
Actually I think it is... because I then traveled to Malaysia and found out that the flaps there have the same 'defect'. I initially thought it's just for that batch/season, but now that you mention it I think it's happening to all flaps?

Actually I think it is... because I then traveled to Malaysia and found out that the flaps there have the same 'defect'. I initially thought it's just for that batch/season, but now that you mention it I think it's happening to all flaps?

Maybe it's subjective, but for me it's unacceptable for the bag to have lifting at any point in time (new or used) and I'll keep looking for one that is perfect. At the prices we are paying, it should be perfect or it's daylight robbery! [emoji1]

Edit:
I went to check my bags after this conversation and yes, there is a squishy feel to the leather at the base, but the one I saw was just hanging loose and one big air bubble. Anyway, I guess it all boils down to personal preference and comfort levels. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Reactions: LonelyGirl24