Homemade cole slaw

1. Does anyone have a recipe for a great (not fattening) cole slaw dressing? I have yet to find one in a bottle that is any good at all. Sometimes I like a break from salad but just can't get the slaw dressing right. TIA

2. sorry I have no recipes but...

have you ever tried the lighthouse brand? I believe thats what its called. Its packaged in a glass jar witha plastic lid if that helps any. I thought it tasted great. I'll look at the store next time I'm there just to make sure I'm talking about the right brand.

3. Thanks k. bell, I appreciate it!

4. I saw my mom make cole slaw with mayo and condensed milk. It's the weirdest thing..i know! But it sure was good!

5. I tend to use bottled mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar (though any kind would work), maybe some lemon juice and some herb of choice. Not very classic, but tasty!

6. I use low fat sour cream instead of mayo and add a splash of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice (just enough so I like the taste). I also add small chunks of fresh pineapple. It's a favorite in our family.

7. My Mom makes a coleslaw that's mayo-less, and I actually prefer it! I don't have the recipe on me, but I know it's straight green cabbage, poppy seeds, cider vinegar, olive oil, and dill...I'm sure there is something else in there, maybe a bit of mustard or sugar. The recipe is good for when the main course is heavy, like bbq or something, and for picnics, since it doesn't have the mayo to spoil.

8. yes I was correct, it is Litght house brand. it has blue safty label around the lid. I sware its the best. Another Great brand is Marie, very good.
    There by the salads in the bags in the stores up here I would imangine its the same elswhere.

9. This is a good one. I love cole slaw in the summer time.
    1/2 cup light mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 teaspoons sugar
    Coarse salt and ground pepper
    1/2 head green cabbage (1 1/2 pounds), cut lengthwise into thirds and thinly sliced crosswise
    2 medium carrots, sliced with a julienne peeler or a vegetable peeler
    2 medium scallions, minced