Homecoming Outfit - Casual, No Jeans

1. I might be going to my schoo's homecoming dance next week, and the dress code is casual, no jeans. Does anyone have outfit suggestions?

2. No one? I'm really desperate, I have no ideas :sad:

3. a cute dress with tights??

4. That's a toughie, because to me casual=jeans.

Maybe a casual dress or black pants with some sort of cute top?

5. oops....

6. here are a few looks that i think are really cute. maybe you can draw some ideas from them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and if boots aren't your thing any of these would be cute with flats

7. ooh all the option jc2239 chose are so cute!

8. the sweater dress from the above photo or a button down shirt dress with knee boots and waist belt!

9. wow! how casual are homecoming dances these days? mine were always semi formal--all the girls wore cocktail dresses.

10. Go vintage shopping! It's fun, though I am definitely beyond my homecoming days, vintage shopping never fails me when I want a quick find for an occasion. Just today I found a fab black Betsey Johnson corest dress with a chiffon-skirted bottom, it's really comfy and the corest is that jersey cotton material :} 20 bucks

11. Why not a vintage rock n roll t-shirt under a sharply cut blazer and skinny/wide legged trousers? Push up the sleeves a little to look cooler. Accessorize with gold/wood bracelets, a large cocktail ring and a metallic clutch. I think you'll be the coolest girl in the room. Don't forget the super high stilleto heels.

Make with smokey eyes, glossy lips, and sleek, wavy beach-y hair.

12. Anything you can dance in! I love everyone's ideas here.

13. Thanks everyone for your ideas! I especially like this one, but I think I want to wear a dress...

14. replace t-shirt and trousers with an embellished tank to wear under the blazer and some sort of pencil skirt or not so flowy skirt?

or a snazzy tunic with dark opaque hose to eliminate the skirt issue, with a belt over the tunic or the belt over both the tunic and the blazer

or maybe my modification suggestion might not work

there are a bunch of recent pictures somewhere on the forum of korean (?) female celebs that wear a long black blazer over a short ruffly black skirt that peeks from under the hem of the blazer, with black sheer hose and heels, or something of the sort I think?