Home remedies: Best Overnight Treatment for a Pimple?

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
I know there are tons and tons of home remedies for pimples - what do you guys suggest? I've heard crazy things to remove redness or to extract an infection - I'd love to hear everyones philosophies :P

in high school I used to do this home remedy of alcohol, baking soda, & milk of magnesia on my face........it actually worked but the routine was so tedious that I gave up on that

for overnight I would suggest toothpaste........but it will make the area red........so if you have a good cover up you should be okay......the toothpaste just dries it up and shrinks the bump up a little

slice up a cucumber and toss it into the blender, put on your face for about 20-30 minutes as long as you can stand it. Your face will feel great! I did this as a teenager and it really worked on my t-zone for oily skin.

This isn't exactly a home remedy but I use something called Bye Bye Blemish which I get at Walgreens, it's got sulfur in it and dries it overnight. Also, Visine takes the red out of a pimple.

wexler skincare makes overnight pimple treatments, they come in packs of 18, and you use one per night. they're individual so you don't contaminate the product with bacteria from the blemish (because that'll just cause more blemishes!). they really do reduce redness and size, and you can get them at bath and body works.

divadarlinn said:
yea I've heard that toothpaste works great

I've tried the toothpaste option, all it does is make the area redder and more irritetated.:rant: Dermatologists also agree that it doesn't have any positive affect. Tried just about every overnight zit treatment and none of em work:sad: .