Hmmm...Will the color on the GGH fade?

1. I am thinking of buying one, but so afraid after using it for a while, the color on the hardware will fade. Has anyone already had this problem with your GGH? :confused1:

2. I have two of the original GH bags and have had no fading at all.

3. i doubt it. it might tarnish, but not fade.

4. My guess is that it will tarnish. I'm not sure how it's going toage. It could age ok, then again it might not. That has always concerned me ever since the GH made it's debut.

5. I never even thought about this but come to think of it, my RH on some of my other bags has faded a bit. Don't know how GH will hold up though.

6. the edges of my giant gold hardware seem to be lightly stripping to silver on one of the "thimbles". It's barely noticeable, but if you look, you can see it.

7. Whoa! You mean the gold is painted on? That's no good if it's going to chip!!!! Hmm :s

8. I have 4 GGH bags and none of them have faded or changed in any way. One of the bags I traveled with quite a bit and it is fine. It will be interesting to see what happens over time though, especially in the humid weather here where everything seems to rust.

9. Well, it isn't actual solid gold, so it's got to have bee coated on there somehow!!!!

10. I only have one bbag with GGH, but it looks just like brand new. It may fade a little over time, but I don't think it will tarnish. I think it will just add even more character to the bag! JMHO:tup:

11. Haha no I know it's not real gold lolol!

I just think for the amount of money the GGH costs, it shouldn't chip at all!!!

12. I've also wondered whether those who have used their GGH bags alot have noticed any tarnishing. I'm also wondering if SGH will be less prone to tarnishing -- I guess only time will tell.

13. it's not really chipping or tarnishing - more like just wearing off. But again, it's soooooooooo minor. You really, really have to look close. And it's only on one thimble thingie, which is weird. Maybe it rubs against me just there?

14. Well, I don't know if its true, but one of the SA's at HN Leeds told me it would tarnish eventually when I told him I preferred the more vintage look of the RH brass. So it could just have been a desperate (and failed) attempt to make a sale, but he did tell me the GGH would tarnish with age.

15. Since it was introduced not long ago, I am also curious how it will look like as time passes by. Since it is not solid gold, I believe in the long run the look will change a little. But I don't hope to see it chip. For $400 extra, the GGH should "behave" better than that:greengrin: