hmmm I didn't think Damier was faked, but I was wrong . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almost every well known LV item gets faked :cursing:
  2. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  3. it looks so disgusting.
  4. I, too, thought that Damier was never faked. And I am a total novice at spotting them - can anyone explain what it is about this bag that makes it look fake?? I must know!
  5. for one thing the handles are too long....
  6. well, in this case, for me anyway, it's more knowledge of LV in general and this line and model in particular, since there aren't many photos provided, and none showing any details of the bag. (And that in and of itself can be a red flag.)

For example, that's not a photo of the Saleya PM -- the PM is the small version of the Saleya, and the PM doesn't have the zip pocket on the exterior. So right there, that's a HUGE problem that allows you to immediately be warned about this seller.

Also, some of it is simply being educated on common things to look for, in general, when trying to protect yourself from buying fakes. In this case, take a look at the seller's feedback -- it's private (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's definitely not optimal), and there are SEVERAL negative ratings, which probably explains the private feedback in this case!

Also, look at the pricing: if it were real, the seller has it priced ridiculously low -- always a red flag. LV is not cheap, and if the price seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Finally, look at the description: very plain, basic, generic: the seller gives no details about how she/he acquired it, and when, and what condition it is in, why she/he is selling it, etc. Such personal individual details do NOT mean that the bag is real, but they can give you confidence that it is. Authentic LV bags sold online are pre-owned. Period. Someone, at some point, originally bought them at the boutique or from Therefore, you need to hear about the chain of ownership since that original purchase, as much as you can. Buying from a mypoupette or other reputable reseller can go a long way towards ensuring authenticity. You still have to do your research, ask questions, request extra photos, etc.

OK sorry for the long post . . . I got a little carried away because like all of us here, I HATE fakes!! Just trying to maybe help out some newer LV adddicts who maybe don't have a lot of eBay experience.

Sorry I didn't answer the original question better. I guess what I'm saying is that in this case, you don't really need to be able to look at the bag itself and spot any errors or inconsistencies that show that it is fake. Here, you can tell that the bag is fake simply by so many other clues given in the listing itself.
  7. Yuck! I have seen fake Damier at those purse parties...poo!
  8. Please post fakes in funniest/worst fakes ever ! :yes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.