Hmm...Vernis woe is meee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK so after having lusted and stalked vernis lavender for so long, I watched an auction end (dirt cheap I say) for a lavender vernis the other day. I convinced myself not to bid because for that amount of money, I could get an epi that I would throw around, and not have to worry about the vernis getting discoloured simply by my placing it on my car seat (for example). The maintenance put me off it. Now I am regretting. I know there are many threads about colour transfer, but what materials cause the transfer? I remember reading if you leave the vernis on a newspaper for example...

What about if I had a vernis wallet inside a bag with say silk or suede lining? I mean some people even say that the dustbag causes some discoloration - then should we hang our vernis items from a fishing line on the ceiling (much like the dangly things for babies in cots...wow my vocabulary is failing me).

And has anyone here ever owned or seen a lav tompkins?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Try doing a search in the Louis Vuitton Reference Library, for "vernis" or "color transfer". There are a lot of really good threads on this. Thanks! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.