History Channel Vikings Season 3

Did you see the sneak peek of next season? Aslaug talks about wanting to be the only queen, which means she might be planning on going after Lagertha.

I have a feeling THAT will be the last straw with Rangnar, and if Lagertha doesn't do it, Ragnar would kill her himself.

No, I missed that. When did they show the sneak peek? Asalug is a snake in the grass; can't trust her any farther that you can see her.

I think Lagetha will be the queen again. I forgot what season, but Aslaug went to the Seer about her queenship and he said a woman will rule Kattegat but it won't be her or won't end well for her. I'm guessing the next part of the season will be setting up the Great Heathen Army which is lead by Ragnar's sons. Bjorn and Floki will probably go all the way down to Italy pillaging until they get defeated in Luna and lose half the men. Historically, it was actually Bjorn who got baptized to trick the Italians so he could get into the city and get his men to take it over.

Also, in the next season previews you can see Rollo alongside Bjorn, so I'm guessing Rollo goes back to his Viking ways :biggrin:

I am glad that Lagertha is still alive. Didn't think they would kill her off without any big send-off. Are Ragnar and Rollo half or full brothers? Does anyone know?

Yeah the youngest son looks scary as heck! Remember when he was born Aslaug wanted him killed but Ragnar did not do it.

Wonder where on earth he has been all this time and why someone else did not become king during the absence assuming he was dead

Before Ivar was conceived, Aslaug didn't want to have sex because she had a prophecy that would threaten that potential child's health, but Ragnar insisted.

When he was born, the prophecy turned out to be true and Ragnar and the adult Siggy suggested the child be killed. Ragnar took him out to do it himself, but couldn't bring himself to.

I have to remember that the Vikings were like the Spartans, in that they didn't tolerate weakness in their children (I was born with a collapsed lung, so I would have been screwed back then) so I have to keep that in mind.

That said, Aslaug shouldn't have told Ivar that his dad wanted him killed.

Some more interesting stuff about Ivar on his Vikings Wiki page: http://vikings.wikia.com/wiki/Ivar

Adam Copeland joined the cast of Vikings. He's going to have a regular role.

Season five of The History Channel's acclaimed historical drama will welcome Copeland as a recurring character named Ketill Flatnose. According to Deadline, the character will be "a fierce and brave warrior, chosen by Floki to be one of the leaders of the Viking party intent on traveling to Iceland to set up a community there."

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/vikings/42584/vikings-season-5-adam-copeland-joins-cast

For WWE fans, Copeland wrestled under the name Edge, as in Edge and Christian and later The Rated R Superstar.

I know this was from July, but I didn't find out about it until tonight. He appeared on Smackdown because tonight is its 900th episode. He had a beard and people asked him about it. He answered it was for his role on the show.

Did anyone watch last night? Lots of focus on the children. I don't know who is who is except for Bjorn and Ivar. I don't know what to make of Ivan. He seems so creepy on one hand with those eyes but yet he is the only one who was happy at the end of last season to see Ragnar and the only one to support him now. And there are times I feel bad for him, the moment with Ragnar at the end when he said how he waited for him. Notice Ragnar went to see Lagertha before his wife. Don't like this Lagertha romance. Nothing against same sex partners but they have not done this through the entire series (with anyone I think), Lagertha always liked men. What is the point? Just to say they had a same sex pairing? I was hoping to see her and Ragnar together. Floki seems to know where Ragnar was all this time. Their dynamic has changed also, I half expected Floki to give him a cold reaction. And he seemed very warm with Helga. I cannot believe they waited for him all this time and don't have a new king