Food High volume/ Low Cal foods?

I'm the queen of this! I used to make large "Stir-fries". I would spray a pan with pam and drop a little bit of water in it. Then take whatever veggies you prefer and sautee them. I would season the huge mix of veggies with low sodium soy sauce. Very filling! Also steamed spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower are very tasty.

I make a variation of the yummy dish above. While all the veggies are sauteeing, I cook couscous or quinoa with low sodium organic chicken broth. Then put the cooked grains in the bowl and pour veges with soy (or other) sauce over all.

Quinoa is a grain that is a complete protein. Cook it as you would rice.

Low cal soups from the "health food" section of the supermarket. Wolfgang Puck and Amy's are good brands. Lower sodium and not a lot of mystery junk in the ingredients.

Add chucks of firm tofu to the soup to increase protein and not fat.

Everyone's suggestions above are absolutely right!

Another thing you can do before eating any of the above terrific, healthy volume foods is to take two tablets of fiber with 8-12oz water 45-60 minutes before each meal.

The fiber/water combo makes you feel full while adding 0 calories.

Good luck to both of us!

thats a great idea!

my trick is to slice up a banana (or two) and freeze it overnight, then the next day pop it in a food processor with some honey or chocolate powder (you may need some water to help blend) and it turns out like ice cream with much much less calories. Ok ice cream tastes better but when you think of the calories gap my recipe is much more appealing haha.
The thing is you also have to eat it relatively right away so you have no choice but to binge haha.

^ Yes spaghetti squash is the best!! you can add a little light butter or olive oil and garlic or a little spaghetti sauce--its sooo good!
I also like scrambled egg whites with lots of hot salsa--the spicy salsa always fills me up faster.

i always find that a cup of milk fills me up quite a bit.
i also love oatmeal. the quakers lower sugar instant oatmeal. soooo good. and only 110 calories in one serving (and they're pre-packeted so no eating more than one serving).
maybe some fat free yogurt and some fruit? but fruit in and of itself can be incredibly filling.

ll thanks for the tips everyone! I had some strawberries today... mmm

the problem with cereal for me is... one serving is never enough.. i always go back to the box for more... it did help to preportion the servings, cause then i was embarrassed to go back for a whole other serving... i might go back to doing that so i dont overeat and have... say... 4 servings (it has happened!! many times)

i'm the same too LOL...i always seem to eat 4x more than the recommended serving portion stated on the large cereal box. it's probably easier to control portion sizes by buying individual little cereal boxes. this way, the portions are controlled and they even have sweet cereals (which are lovely treats);).

how about "japanese rice crackers" or other asian snacks? i find that a lot of asian snacks are less calorific compared to western snacks, but yet still full of flavour....even the biscuits seem to have less calories. i once bought a packet of chocolate bourborn biscuits (khong guan brand) that only have 30Kcal/ biscuit, compared to walker's shortbread fingers (100KCal/finger) or mc.vities' digestive biscuit (70KCal/biscuit).

^ Yes spaghetti squash is the best!! you can add a little light butter or olive oil and garlic or a little spaghetti sauce--its sooo good!
I also like scrambled egg whites with lots of hot salsa--the spicy salsa always fills me up faster.

What is the texture of spaghetti squah like? I gave up pasta years ago, much to caloric and not worth it. I love grilled squash and zucchini, does it taste similar?

I was going to try those shirataki noodles, but the whole "fresh in a water pouch" concept turned me off.

What is the texture of spaghetti squah like? I gave up pasta years ago, much to caloric and not worth it. I love grilled squash and zucchini, does it taste similar?

I was going to try those shirataki noodles, but the whole "fresh in a water pouch" concept turned me off.

The texture is sort of like stringy squash - you can cook it longer to make it more soft, I like it to still have texture (just like I always liked al dente pasta, hate overcooked pasta). If you like squash & zuccini - you'll like this (I think). I actually hate regular squash, but I like zuccini & LOVE spaghetti squash. Any sauce you'd put on pasta you can put on spaghetti squash & it tastes great. Or you can just add seasoning & a tiny bit of butter or substitute & it tastes great.

Start off buying a smaller one. If you like it, next time get a big one.

Thanks for the primer Kbell! I'll have to check it out.

Thought this was a relevant article, aol published a list of low calorie foods that are definitely NOT worth even the minimal calorie expenditure! The list doesn't really surprise me,as they are all highly processed foods with teensy portions. They have a lot of other more vital lists concerning smart ways to cut cals, etc.

Low Calorie Snacks And Treats -- 90 Calories Or Less - AOL Body