High quanity of non-authentic bags..?

1. I am curious, have the overwhelming number of fake designer bags in any way impacted your excitment of owning a real designer bag? Do you ever make buying decisions based on what designers are being copied?
  2. I would have to say yes AND no..(much help huh) Mono is copied heavily...but that doesn't exactly stop me from wanting the Mono..however, I tend to purchase them in styles that aren't seen often. Also, I like damier a lot because that isn't knocked off as frequently either. In general, i like carrying bags that are't heavily knocked off.. For example, the burberry pebbled leather shoulder bag with the horn toggle.
  3. Whether or not a bag is counterfeited does not impact my desire for it. Knowing that a specific brand puts their bags on "clearance" does.

I prefer to not buy bags that can be found on a clearance table one season later.
  4. Fakes used to bother me a lot but now I don't mind. Like the designers say, it is a form of flattery.
  5. Loganz, which brands put their bags on clearance? I feel like Marc Jacobs does (but I still like his bags) but you're right it's kind of a bummer to see a bag on sale that you have paid out the wazoo for!
  6. ^^^^yes, I hate that feeling when you pay full price for something then see it sitting there all forelorn on the clearence table. I've had that happen w/ particular styles of jeans too. I don't like paying $200 for a pair only to find them on the 40% rack later in the year, yuck!

I don't like the idea that anyone would think a bag that I either bought at full price, or (with the help of everyone on the forum!) thoroughly researched and bought on eBay, was fake.
  7. Yes- years ago (b4 I bought my first LV) I didn't want any LV mono
  8. Whether or not a bag is highly copied does not affect my bag purchases. I know the difference and that's all that really matters to me.
  9. Fakes don't influence me when buying. There's always going to be someone who says/believes your bag is fake if it's over a certain price. So, I get the style I want no matter how copied it may be.
  10. Truthfully, as long as I buy real ones, then I'm fine with what I buy. As long as I get what I want, I love it. That's enough

I dont approve of fakes at all. I dont see why you need to that diservice to everyone else, the brand that you just "bought". Also, I wanted to point out that there are a lot of fake websites out there that pretend they are authentic and they are not. So I feel bad for people who think they are getting a good deal, when they are in fact getting played by those websites.
  11. nope!
  12. the thought use to bother me but not anymore. i figure, let 'em think what they want. only a real fabulista would know if my bags are real. and those who simply want to judge just don't matter.
  13. I used to be leary about buying LV, because I saw too many fakes. I changed my mind after I got one. Now, I don't give a hoot what's being copied. If I want it, I'll get it.
  14. Ditto.
  15. As long as I like the bag and know that it is authentic then I'm happy.