high end shoes vs lower end shoes.. which is really better?

sonya said:
I agree that high end shoes do not last as long ... they are just more delicate. Many luxe materials are not made to last, especially evening shoes. (Think about it, a cheap shoe with a wooden heel and rubber sole will just last longer than thin leather soles.) Manufacturers have the belief that if a woman is to spend $600 on a pair of evening shoes, she has the money to buy more than one pair and afford transportation to take her to the event (instead of subwaying it).

As for comfort level, high end shoes are more comfortable. The leathers tend to be more supple and mold to your feet better.

What I'm saying is that cheaper materials are "sturdier" ... but luxe materials tend to be much more comfortable.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I completely agree with this statement. :yes:

I tend to buy what you all would probably consider cheap shoes, so this might not apply to the high end shoes, but I think that it also depends very much on buying shoes that have a shape that fit the shape of your feet.

I cannot wear anything by Steve Madden, the shape of those shoes just plain do not fit the shape of my feet. But I can wear Bandolino or Carlos Santana heels all day and they feel as comfy as my flip-flops.

A little while ago I was at a conference, put on a pair of Bandolino 3.5" heels at 7:00 am and wore them until 11:00 pm with no pain. Not because Bandolinos are such wonderful shoes, but because their shape in compatible with the shape of my feet.

Robyn

dervilfal said:
I think the difference is making sure you buy quality shoes - regardless of the price:smile:

true that. My foot is narrow so I usually have to splurge on shoes anyway. Though lately...my foot has been widening out. This topic doesn't really apply to me because the tallest heels I own are some 3-inch stilettos and my mom complained miserably about buying them for me.

I'll be honest. I have really sweaty feet. So it's not very comfortable when I'm wearing shoes with synthetic lining. I always try to opt for leather interiors, it absorbs all my sweat and allows my feet to breathe. This is why, as much as I love how cheap and cute certain shoes are, I don't end up getting them in fear of walking around in pools of sweat... This includes the super cute and comfortable rubber flat I saw a month ago... it made me cringe to think of the sweat that would accumulate... Leather please!

i find putting a rubber half sole on leather soled shoes makes a huge difference to how long they last. my cheap shoes do last longer but that's probably because i regret buying them and then never wear them!

I buy cheaper and high end shoes. I find that my chloes are wearing away on the soles. Where as my cheaper shoes, the sole seems to last longer. I find i can only wear my high end shoes on carpet not every day walking on pavement. Soon the inscriptions on the sole will vanish.