High-end/ new/less-expensive designers...

1. Hi, I've been lurking around the forums for the past few days trying to learn more about, well, handbags in general XD I'm a total newbie and, looking at my closet, realize I do have a $20 bag I bought without realizing it was a fake O.O it fell apart quite quickly (cracked leather and unraveling seams)

anyways, I now realize that the more expensive handbags can be totally worth it as far as durability comes hehe so I am looking for some recommendations. I want to start small for sure.

What I'm looking for is something that's got that designer quality and feel without the big name that makes it uber expensive. I'm actually rather enamored by the idea of having something that's high quality but few people recognize the designer... so definitely not going for LV or Chanel here hehe XD

people keep mentioning coach or dooney&bourke for good 'starter' bags and I was wondering if I could get some more names of lesser known/newer designers in that sorta price range (or lower, if that happens XD)

thanks to everyone in advance ^_^ !!
  2. well its interesting, i usually only wear high end designers, lv, prada etc. but i havent been able to find anything lately that i love, so i went to macys yesterday and bought a bag totally outside of the box...its a giavani bernini, regular price 120.00, i got it for $88.00...its all leather very well made. i guess i am at the point in my life that it has to fit me well and suit my lifestyle and be comfortable....this is more important to me than the name...i still love my high end bags, but i am keeping more of an open mind now when it comes to bags. so i guess what i am saying is keep an open mind to all desginers, and make sure the bag suits you and personality...
  3. well depends on your style ... but i like kate spade, furla, banana republic, kenneth cole..etc.. they have goood quality and style in fair price...
    but this time though... Target bags.. they're amazing.. it just happened that the labels that we want not labeled but oozing styles.
  4. Hmm...What about Rebecca Minkoff, Hayden Harnett, Bulga, or Botkier? All great quality and not quite as recognizable.

Is there a particular style you are looking for?
  5. I've got a Dutchy that has been my go-to bag since I got it last fall. I've hardly used another bag since I got it.
  6. I have a Giavani Bernini bag as well and I love it. Mine was super cheap at around $80 and it is a great bag.

I also have a B Makowsky bag that is wonderful as well, which I snagged on sale at Macy's for $75. The leather is soft and smooshy and was great for my budget at the time. And the best part is, I haven't seen anyone else with it. I hate to go out and see someone with the same bag as me.

While I can always appreciate a great Chloé or LV bag, it's good to expand to other designers (less known or not).
  7. Check out Tano bags!!!! :tup:
  8. the tano bags at musthavebags.com are on a great sale and they are beautiful
  9. Ditto to what has been said. I have two Tano bags, two Hayden Harnett, and a Kenneth Cole and they all are great! I didn't pay more than $212 for any of these bags. Hayden Harnett has good sales on their website periodically and I bought the Kenneth Cole on sale on Bluefly.com. Musthavebag.com has good prices on Tano bags and they also price match. They also have great customer service.

Good luck and have fun finding the perfect bag for you!
  10. Guess, 9 west, Kate Spade, Coach, Dooney, Kenneth Cole, some of these ma ynot be "high end" but they are cute and affordable IMO.
  11. Tano is a great suggestion. They have a wide range of styles and colors and all at relatively affordable prices. If you don't want something recognizable then stay away from Coach and Dooney, since they are two of the most popular brands.
  12. Tano!!
  13. definately Tano!!!!!!
  14. I agree regarding Tano, but also check out bags from Anthropologie. They carry various brands, but most of them aren't super common.
  15. From my own collection, I like Jenny Yuen and Kale, but both of these brands' prices have gone up since I have purchased the bags. I also like Anna Corinna, but I think that one is getting to be more common, but the prices are still good.