Hey you lovely Coach Fanatics! Help a poor college student out! ^^

1. Hello you lovely TPFers!

I need some extra help from you lovely Coach owners!

I have a speech for one of my college speech classes in about a week.. and guess what it's over?!?!!

How to spot a fake Coach Purse!

Now this topic was picked by myself and ofcourse to inform the fellow students in my class on the subject!
    But I need a little bit of help~~ and that's where you lovely people can help me!

I know the basics about Coach authenticity.. like
    • Stitching
    • Creed
    • Aligned centered signature fabric
    • YKK Zippers
    What I need help on it.. being a little more elaborate on this~
    Such as..
    • What about the stitching on the Coach items?
    • What the creed serial number exactly has to be? (like the No. ###- ####)
    • Anything more about the signature fabric? Like when the purse has pockets.. does the fabric still one as one whole piece? or has the pockets need to be mirror images of eachother? etc.
    • Anything else I missed.. like handles/leather..
    • The Coach hangtag.. I'm pretty sure they're on ALL purses.. but what about how puffy it is? maybe the stitching on it as well?
    • Stamping of the creed/coach hangtag.. as well as some leather parts where it has Coach Leatherware etc. stamped on?
    Anything that I missed that helps in the process of authenticating a Coach purse/wallet is COMPLETE APPRECIATED!

Thank you for looking at my thread even if you didn't have any input! ^^;

Any help would be AWESOME:heart:

Thank you again!! :heart::woohoo::yahoo:
  2. There was some good info on that coach FAQs or Authenticity Questions... I can't remember which one...
  3. That should be a good speech! I never thought to do that when I took the class a year go. Good luck!
  4. http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/answers-to-authenticity-questions-94198.html

Check post #1, 24, 34, 57, 69, 70, basically anything from Hyacynth! Also a lot of posts in the http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-21893.html area.

Pics are missing from some of the above posts, but if you need to use a PPT, I would include pics of authentic vs. fake items side by side to demonstrate.

Not sure how you'd document your sources, but I'd also include some articles on the economic impact of knock-off items (recent write-ups in LA Times, NY Times, others).
  5. Thank you!
    Well.. the teacher said nothing with PPT or stuff.. I'm just gonna have to bring in my coach purse and just point out the authentic points on my purse and tell them what it shouldn't look like on a fake.. x_o
  6. Good luck on your speech! I think all of us here on the Coach forum wish we could be there to cheer you on.
  7. i think you should buy a fake too to show differences then burn the little piece of crap...lol
  8. ^ Haha! I totally thought about doing that.. but.. tbh i have NO idea where to even look for a fake one.. xD
  9. I'm going to bump my own thread, because my speech is coming up and I have a couple questions that I couldn't find any help on~~

if anyone can be so kind and tell me some known facts about linings on coach bags? like if theres a set limit on pockets or type of linings for certain bags.. I could appreciate that a lot. :biggrin:

10. Generally speaking there are 3 pockets inside: open cell phone, next to it is another open one a little bit bigger and there is usually a zip inside pocket.
    The linings are tricky. Someone else may have more info!
    Good luck and please let us know how you do!!