He's sick.

1. I haven't visited in a week because my son is ill. His asthma has acting up, and he was rushed to the hospital on Weds., released, only for us to send him back on Friday. They pumped him full of steriods and his bowels have been loose because of them; I don't know if other side effects are affecting him because he's always so cheery and never complains. My boss has been very understanding. I'm so sad, I worry whenever I'm away it'll flair up again. I was so scared the way he looked on friday his eyes opened so wide and his chest moving in that big exaggerated way it does when he's pulling. I have never in my life wanted so desperately to take sickness/discomfort from him and bear it myself.

I know everything will be okay, just had to get that out.

2. Hang in there. It must be so tough on you and your little guy. As a mother, I can't imagine how hard it must be on you to see your son suffer. I hope he gets better soon.

3. oh, nothing feels worse then when your babies are sick. i hope he is feeling better soon. asthma is a scary thing. my son has it, i sneak into his room and watch him at night. just sit and hug him, love heals.

4. So sorry about your son. It sounds like he is a strong kid though and is pushing through it.
    It must be scary to see him sick and in pain-- but like you said, he will be okay. Just give him a little time to recover. Kids tend to do so very quickly. It can be harder in some ways for the adults who have to see the little ones vulnerable. Hang in there.

5. Oh Aslan, a big hug to you! You must be worried sick! Your son sounds like a wonderful little guy, and it must be so tough for you to watch him struggle to breathe. I hope and pray that he gets better!

6. I hope your son feels better. My 9 yr. old was a chronic asthmatic until she was about 6. She was constantly on Xopanex, albuterol, and Advair. My pediatricial says she outgrew her asthma but the reality is we removed many of the asthma triggers from our home include heavy drapes and carpeting.

Keep a journal of his attacks so that you can pinpoint what the triggers are.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery :heart:

7. So sorry! I hope your son will get better very soon!

8. So sorry. Be strong and I hope he gets better!

9. If u need any advice..Pm me.Im asthmatic and am a respiratory therapist(PHH is a doctor)..Been this route.Im on prednisone(steriods now too..and my eyes are still swollen!)LITTLE THINGS Can TRIGGER HIM(DUST ON STUFFED ANIMALS IN HIS ROOM...EVEN CARPETING!)

Also..do u have a hepa air filter purifier in his room..some of these things helped me!
    Good luck..I know how incredibly scary it can be!!!

10. i'm sorry to hear about your son. hang in there. you and your son will be in my prayers.

11. Oh, Aslan, I'm so sorry to hear about your son.
    I hope he is getting better; please let us know how he is doing.

I was reading about the asthma incidents in NYC in the local upper east side newpaper we get in our apartment building. It's scary.

12. I'm sorry to hear your son isn't feeling well. We are all here for you. I can understand how hard it must be to see someone you love so much not feeling well. He is very lucky to have a great mom like you!

13. So sorry your going through that. It´s the most awful thing to see your child in pain/discomfort.

14. Praying for you and your son. No matter how we may disagree girl, you come here when you need support. love to you and your family...

15. As a fellow asthma sufferer, I know what your poor son is going through. It's a bloody rotten thing and so scary. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for him. Hugs to you both.