I have a a year and half old Doxie and we recently found a lump above her tummy so today my BF and I brought her in to the Doc to see what she thought. The Doc says she has a hernia - likely from her spay surgery because it looks like it's where the cut for the surgery began. She said we had two options - both viable 1) Sugery to repair the hernia. Which ofcourse I would rather her not to have surgery just because it pains me to think about taking her in for that. Last time she went in for a spay and I was worried sick! 2) Leave it alone and monitor it everyday to see if changes in size, hardness, etc. She said it could stay this way forever and never affect her. Downside to this is it could get worse say 10 years down the line and she would be too old to operate on. Have any of you had to make this decision? What did you decide? and others - What would you do? Here are some pics of my baby - her name is Apple.