Hermes Watch

Pazt, I pass out whenever I see those pics!

I wrote this in another thread but it was awhile ago: I tried on both the H-Our and Cape Cod styles. I went in thinking the H-Our was my first choice but my SA told me that the Cape Cod wears much better over time and doesn't show the scratches as much - unless you get an H-our covered in diamonds!!
I love both and I think I will get a large Cape Cod with an orange double tour strap when it's time to buy.
SA mentioned that unlike Gucci and Chanel (you know that ever-popular and yummy J12,) Hermes makes their own watches.

I wrote this in another thread but it was awhile ago: I tried on both the H-Our and Cape Cod styles. I went in thinking the H-Our was my first choice but my SA told me that the Cape Cod wears much better over time and doesn't show the scratches as much - unless you get an H-our covered in diamonds!!
I love both and I think I will get a large Cape Cod with an orange double tour strap when it's time to buy.
SA mentioned that unlike Gucci and Chanel (you know that ever-popular and yummy J12,) Hermes makes their own watches.

GT, good choice! the dualtime capecod was my first ever purchase from H. and i love it! it's got the double strap and i think it's just classic like you said. it's just the regular size though. (i posted pic on the hermes items thread, in case you missed it).

my SA once said that H watches are affiliated with Jaeger LeCoultre, and they're fine watches! can't go wrong being affiliated with them! once you get your CC, pls. post pics!

^ Oh, I saw that gorgeous watch! I'm still deciding on a strap color and just plain can't decide WHAT to buy next...watch? Bearn? Evelyne? uh actually SAVE for something else bigger? hehe

WOW! All of the watches are so beautiful. What are the thoughts on the new Kelly2?

I got a Kelly 2 recently (double black Barenia strap), it is very sleek, I like it a lot. For those who aren't familiar with it, the face channels the metal end of the Kelly (or Birkin ) strap. Since this is small, the face consists of a 12 and a 6 only. There were black face ones; mine has a white face. I saw straps in all sorts of colors (light turquoise, orange...) and a lovely ?framboise or ?fraise maybe--that was what I wanted but the strap was too long.

I have 2 plain Cape Cods; one in stainless with a black Barenia double strap, and a silver one (from Bluefly!!) that I replaced the band with a fuchsia ostrich single wrap strap. Love them all...

I love both and I think I will get a large Cape Cod with an orange double tour strap when it's time to buy. SA mentioned that unlike Gucci and Chanel (you know that ever-popular and yummy J12,) Hermes makes their own watches.
GT, Pazt, thanks for your feedback on Cape Cod. Very "enabling"...you know? :P

GT, good choice! the dualtime capecod was my first ever purchase from H. and i love it! it's got the double strap and i think it's just classic like you said. it's just the regular size though. (i posted pic on the hermes items thread, in case you missed it).

my SA once said that H watches are affiliated with Jaeger LeCoultre, and they're fine watches! can't go wrong being affiliated with them! once you get your CC, pls. post pics!

Pazt, may I know how big is your wrist? If you have the time, could you post a pic of you wearing your dualtime capecod with double tour/strap? TIA! :flowers:

I've always love how the double-tour looked on others but the last time I tried a Kelly double tour strap, it was too big for me.:sad:

Gigi, I'm always happy to enable.

Saw a woman with the small-sized Cape-Cod and chocolate Double Tour Barenia strap at a party last week. I asked her about the watch and she LOOOVES it. She's very tiny with small wrists and it looked amazing on her. Sealed it for me regarding the DT strap.

hi gigi, here's the pic :

IMG_1777.jpg

Pazt, may I know how big is your wrist? If you have the time, could you post a pic of you wearing your dualtime capecod with double tour/strap? TIA! :flowers:

I've always love how the double-tour looked on others but the last time I tried a Kelly double tour strap, it was too big for me.:sad:

gigi: They have different lengths for the dual strap. Ask your SA about it.

I chose the Kelly 2 and ordered it in Turquoise Chevre. I cannot wait to see it. I love how slim the design is.

Perja: How are you liking yours?

I love the look of mine but I fear that I'm too rough for the bracelet, as the aqua is already marked (girls, don't wrestle with your college buddies while wearing the k2). I've ordererd the framboise bracelet for later and will probably order another aqua for when this one finally dies.

Oh my god! My wishlist is growing too!! I've been a fan of mens-style watches and the only "ladylike" watch I own is a white Tissot Porto Chrono, but it's still a bit large. Would love a Cape Cod with the double strap, the two-time-zone that Patz has is TDF!! Don't really know what I need the two zones for but hey :P

So my question is, are the watches easily obtainable if you walk into a store? And prices, if you know please inform me :smile:

Well, watches are usually pretty easy to come by, walk in the store with a jewelry counter and voila!

However, some choices or requirements can be subject to special order (ie: longer/shorter than average bracelets, some colours, exotics...)

Price for the Kelly 2, as of 10/10/06: 1090 euros