Hermes Virgin

shoegal

O.G.
Mar 10, 2006
Okay - 40 is coming soon and I have decided to buy myself a raisin Birkin to celebrate. I like big bags but what is too big? Also if I order it in Togo leather what should I expect the price to be?

In my opinion the 30cm is the best size...the proportion are just prefect...if you need it for work the 30cm might be a bit too small for folders and papers...35cm would be plenty big though...

i think all leather are about the same (vache naturel/barenia/ardenne (out of production) are heavier)...light would be a combination with toile or denim (harder to get - and more spring/summer feel)...a 35cm is a heavier bag...but the 30 isnt light either...beauty has to suffer a bit :smile: about the price i think the 30 starts at $6'500 plus tax up to $7'500 what i've read here...do you have the chance to order one? or just planing on getting one?

Unfortunately, the Chicago store says their waitlist is closed so I am looking to order one. I spend time in both the LA area and NYC so hopefully I will get lucky and have the opportunity to order one or see one in the store.

shoegal, I think it depends on your height, body proportions, and how you like the size of your bags. Since I am pretty slim and petite, I generally prefer the 30 cm. On the other hand, my mother who is 5"7 a has a middle-sized frame, tends to go with a 35 cm. I hope this helps! :flowers:

My first birkin was a 40cm black togo, I adore the bag but have to say... I hardly use it anymore because of how heavy it is. I have a fondness for it because it was my first, but I am much happier with both my 35cm. I am 5'8, thin, and find the 30cm a bit to small for my frame I think the 35 is perfect. I think you may find the 40 oppressive. Good luck!!!

Good luck! I agree w/ all the previous posts. If you're in the 5'4 arena, then go w/ a 30 cm. But if you're in the 5'8 category (or taller), then definitely go w/ the 35 cm. I'll pray to the Hermes gods for you (and me:shame: ) for a successful hunt.

i'm 5'2" and the 35 looks fine on me. it really depends on what you plan to use it for. i need to be able to put manila files and if i need to my laptop, so the 35 is best for work.