Hermes - the brand that binds?

Interestingly (or maybe not so much!), I was never a bag person before discovering Hermes. I, like many others, found it nearly impossible to go back to other bags though, once I got hooked. So I think some people I cross paths with think I am a bag person. I am not really. I am just an H bag person. Or an H person. Most people I work with or see don't have the faintest idea what these bags are. Which is the way I like it to be.

Only here am I able to talk Hermes....otherwise I'm firmly in the closet!!!

Psst, Shopmom! Are you in here too? I'm the one huddled behind the big orange boxes!!

I opened the door once with my BFF and she was lovely about my idea of owning a Kelly - very supportive, even offered to care for it if I ever needed a sitter :smile: but...after I got it, I talked about having more than one, and I felt the slightest chill. She is my dearest, oldest friend and I realized that sometimes she says and does things that I might be a bit judgmental about - why should I expect unconditional bag love from her? :rolleyes:

That's what I have all of you for!!

Most of my friends or DH's friends do not understand my passion on H.. they seemed more eagered to know about the price tag...**gossiping** is she carrying another $5k bag, how many bags DOES she have, etc. woos and ahhs..at first I was really uncomfortable..but I'm getting used to it...:rolleyes:...

However I do have a VERY supportive family who totally digs my passion on H..my aunt was thinking clearing out all her other designers bags to be replaced by H :P, so is my sisters..cousins...uncles.....mom....DH (yep !)
I LOVE MY FAMILY !!! :biggrin:

Apart from you guys, my 6 year old DD shares my passion for H. Most of my friends know that I am an H nut and I buy them little H gifts from time to time and I think they appreciate my love for H. However, you guys are the only ones that I can talk colors, leathers, blah blah blah with and fully appreciate my NEEDS.

I don't talk prices with friends or family and most of my friends/family don't know what Hermes is. The people in my area are not flashy. My mom loves handbags though and tries to steal my black box kelly.

LoL When I told my mother about a Kelly too, actually she sorta gave me the typical questions anyones Mom would ask, but after about 10 minutes she came to see it kind of like a fur coat and said "well now, I know he (DH) loves to give you things so you wait for him to get it for you, that way he'll always be proud of you when you wear it".

Wow, it kind of shocked me she was so sensible about it, making sure I didn't jump the gun and get one myself!

I love my Mom :love:

Ironically, I am considered the purse guru at work. My co-workers can't believe how much I spend on my purses, and they are just referring to the 3 Chloe Edith bags that I own. I have educated many of my co-workers on LV (I hold informational training sessions at my desk... haha), but nobody would understand the beauty and cost of a Birkin. They think I'm nuts to even consider buying one...

Luckily, everything I buy is for me and only I need to know its true beauty and worth...

This is an amazing community of women...and a few men, of course!

It is a pleasure to discuss bag details and drama here...I have been fortunate to also meet some of the "purse gals and guys" IRL...

My bag and shoe interests are well known by those who love me...the H thread is where I am able to share H interest to the fullest...

I remember one day I was just browsing the mall and pass the Hermes boutique and I was staring through the glass when the very nice SA told me " you want me to get the key,it may be the key to your heart?" of course I said no , it's not the key that keeps me away from all those beauties behind the glass...but anyway , if Hermes it's the key to your heart , then making friends accordingly should be fun and true.

^^I only SHARE my LOVE OF HERMES "HERE", in the closet with y'all!!:P

I have one GF that I can tell or show her the bags, but she is not into Hermes YET:graucho: ?? Maybe in a few more years.

Otherwise, cyber meeting some of you has given me an outlet to share my passion for Hermes, and this makes me HAPPY!!:heart:

^^I only SHARE my LOVE OF HERMES "HERE", in the closet with y'all!!:P

I have one GF that I can tell or show her the bags, but she is not into Hermes YET:graucho: ?? Maybe in a few more years.

Otherwise, cyber meeting some of you has given me an outlet to share my passion for Hermes, and this makes me HAPPY!!:heart:
Ahem....TWO GF's.......

i can only share my H passions here. my friends know i love purse and keep rewarding myself on lovely purse. only 1 friend shares my passion on designer shoes. DH knows i love both, and i can buy as long as i can afford. he's well aware on how much a H bag roughly costs, but sure he does not know i'm going to get the Kelly which costs $$$ :graucho:

I guess I am the minority here. I don't necessarily brag about the bags I have, but I don't hide it either. My friends know I love Hermes and know I shop there often as do my mother and other familiy members. I think they have an ida of the cost.

We all kind of have a..if it makes you happy :heart: and you can afford it:shrugs: ...and it's not illegal:wtf: ...good for you:yahoo: ..we're all very congratulatory on whatever "nice" things each other has...