Hermes Stores No Longer Taking Birkin Orders?

I really think it comes down to luck and timing. My husband walked into an Hermes store for the fitst time in his life and walked out with a 35 cm Birkin. . . and to boot, it was the Madison Ave store.

yes, HG is wonderful. I was that person who she helped out. I went to the MA store, totally unprepared. The only thing I didn't do wrong was have on tennis shoes. I did ask right away to see a birkin, when I was told there were none, I pointed to a kelly and said what about that one? i was then informed it wasn't a birkin but rather a kelly. I think they figured if I was going to come into their store I should at least do my part and do a little research. fast forward 2 months and with HGs guidance and help, I am now the proud owner of a beautiful 35 gold togo birkin, as well as a scarf and I have a wonderful SA and I am not the pcture of wealth and style. I'm overwieight white and wear orthopedic shoes most of the time because I have fake knees and walk with a limp. Thanks to HG I carry my birkin with a little more bounce in my walk.

yes, HG is wonderful. I was that person who she helped out. I went to the MA store, totally unprepared. The only thing I didn't do wrong was have on tennis shoes. I did ask right away to see a birkin, when I was told there were none, I pointed to a kelly and said what about that one? i was then informed it wasn't a birkin but rather a kelly. I think they figured if I was going to come into their store I should at least do my part and do a little research. fast forward 2 months and with HGs guidance and help, I am now the proud owner of a beautiful 35 gold togo birkin, as well as a scarf and I have a wonderful SA and I am not the pcture of wealth and style. I'm overwieight white and wear orthopedic shoes most of the time because I have fake knees and walk with a limp. Thanks to HG I carry my birkin with a little more bounce in my walk.

I was introduced to your SA too.

I think HG helped you b/c you are a wonderful person. The birkin is just an accessory to your great soul. :yes:

Not everyone of us are supermodel or Park ave girls. Including me:graucho:

Primera Clase,... welcome to our little H community!!!! Nice to see you post! Hope to see more! Adios!

THANK you! Lots of questions forthcoming... keeping up with my wife is difficult at best and Ebaying the things she's ready to rotate out DEFINITELY helps. Y'all are an absolute treasure of knowledge! I've even learned not to kvetch about the clothing we sell NWT... ;)

HG is such a sweetie and very helpful!!!

To land your first Birkin is either by luck, connection, and patience! I've been to many H store worldwide and almost all SAs I met have been very nice and helpful. Some just have bad days and are tired of people asking for Birkins all the time. Also, most Hermès stores cater to their local customers.

oh yeah, so HG, because you have helped so many ppl land their birkins, can you help me too? hehe... kidding aside, HG is so helpful.. always willing to answer questions, via pm or the regular board.. thanks a bunch...

I am amazed by what a wonderful, caring group of people you all are...and the efforts made to help others (HG of course and others). Thank you all!! CF, I am sorry you had such a bad experience. As someone who has spent years trying to make sense of Hermes, and having learned much in the process, the only conclusion I have come to is that Hermes is inscrutable, impossible to fully decipher, and it's this quality (inconsistency, maybe? Or is that too negative?) that adds to the company's mystique and allure. For the most part, I have had positive experiences in the stores I have visited, especially Paris. But this is by no means across the board. I have yet to understand the waitlist, as I have never asked about it or had it mentioned to me by any SA...I don't have a good understanding of its use or how it works. Whenever I take the rare trip to the mothership, which is where I have had the most success, I stress out a little (OK, OK, a lot), plan what I am going to look at and say, and then I take a deep breath and hope for the best. It's always a bit of a crapshoot...or that is how it feels to me anyway.

i'm so glad that this thread has gotten the warm and fuzzies :smile: i don't know HG as well as the rest of you but i have a lotta respect for someone who will help others get their dream bags :smile: as an aside, i'm asian as well, but 5 foot 8! i've gotten a lot of "are you half caucasian?" LOL.

i'm always amazed to hear how people get their birkins. it is totally luck and patience. and the magic of hermes, you never know, you could go in expecting to get one thing (black kelly) and come out with another (black birkin) :biggrin:

I'd just like to add a little something: the reason there are certain SAs who give good service and certain ones who give bad service is simple. SAs are PEOPLE. There are nice people, and there are rotten people. The good SAs are the ONLY ones I'll deal with. I don't fret over the bad ones because I know a good one is only a few feet away (and I know that I have the one in my hometown), no matter what.

Personally, I don't see the need to dress up in certain shoes or to carry certain bags. When I visit my SA or any Hermes store (or actually, any store at all), I expect good customer service because it's the SAs' job to provide that. I never dress up to shop. I usually go after work, so I'm usually in my scrubs and tennis shoes, and if it's cold outside, a hoodie. I might wear makeup or not (I'm told I look like I'm 17 without the makeup:shame:smile:, and I take whatever bag I feel like taking that day. My SA and almost all the other SAs serve me, regardless of what I have on.