Hermes scarves...mumsy??? In Europe, YES

1. Please tell me how to wear a Hermes scarf right now without looking mumsy. I own two, (belts, and spanish bullring feast, don't know the right name) I loooove them but they never come out!!! I just do not see anyone wearing them (in Spain/Italy/UK/France) unless it is your granny...:sad:

2. http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/plisse-headwear-130768.html

look for fesdu's pics!

also, this pic is another idea, and there are other examples on my blog "34 pieces" (link is in my signature). and the scarf booklet on hermes.com and available in the stores has gorgeous pictures.
    i don't think age has (or should have) anything to do with cool or style.

scarf8.jpg
  3. Chic Mommy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG_0005.jpg normal_09.jpg Picture 2.jpg Photo 1.jpg
  4. I think a scarf is always elegant, never mumsy. One way you can make it look youthful is to keep the knot to the side as opposed to hanging down the front.

the kama sutra scarf thread is a great resource, gives you pics too! wear your scarves in good health, they're gorgeous :smile:

5. This is my all time fave way to wear a scarf now, thanks to gina b, the Scarf Goddess!

[​IMG]

6. Tods123

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Tangle:

[​IMG]

8. It's actually nice to find different styles of wearing scarves. I was totally anti-scarf until I saw photos of the H- ladies and their lovely scarf styles. I think it was my grandma's fault. She made me wear a scarf when the wind was blowing (in case I got earache, she said) and she and I both looked like this:
    [​IMG]

9. A scarf worn casually is completely cool! Rose and Tods look KILLER in theirs!!! If I could get away with it, I'd wear it on my head a la HiHeels but I don't look nearly as good as she does so I'm left to flinging it around my neck in a willy-nilly sort of way or as a belt.

10. Rose,

Put up some of your own shots, you and your lovely neck. I not nearly as good as you at finding them though. I swear there were more of you somewhere.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ^^^ I don't know... I am kind of bordering on 'mumsy'... don't want to put her off....

12. Another from Tods:
    [​IMG]

13. Convinced?

14. Yes, absolutely nothing mumsy about any of the women here wearing their scarves! Where's that pic of tods wearing her scarf as a halter top? That's as chic and un-mumsy as it gets!