Hermes Scarf book

gigi leung said:
Hi Honu, Kristie,

There are many ways to use the tribord ring & twillys. It's really fun..You can see a pic of how I use my tribord ring & twilly here :flowers:

http://forum.purseblog.com/168899-post90.html

Sometimes I'd also use a twilly & tribord ring as watch strap on my barenia watch. I'll try to post a pic soon..

Oh *that's* a tribord! I though it was called chain d'ancre scarf ring....
They're also great if you use your scarf as a belt!

hello2703 said:
Oh *that's* a tribord! I though it was called chain d'ancre scarf ring....
They're also great if you use your scarf as a belt!

the chain d'ancre IS the scarf ring.....in metal (I have a green one - I LOVE it!!)...the tribord rings are very somilar in shape, but they're actually carved and lacquered, and made especially for twillys!

Gigi - I have the same tribord set as you!!! I'm gonna try the neck-tie look......yours looks gorgeous!!!:love:

honu said:
Gigi, I have the same Chain D'Ancre twilly as you do! :tender: Thanks for the picture, I have to try to use my tribord like that. Did you learn from the Hermes store or did you have a book?
Hi Honu, the Hermes scarf books don't show how to use the twilly & tribord ring. My SA showed me how to do it & I experimented at home. It's really very easy..:flowers:

gigi leung said:
Sometimes I'd also use a twilly & tribord ring as watch strap on my barenia watch. I'll try to post a pic soon..
Here are pics of how I use a twilly & tribord ring as watch strap :flowers:

Sorry for the pics' quality...taken with the camera on my mobile phone.

Attachments

• barenia w twilly1.jpg
    barenia w twilly1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 545
  • barenia w twilly2.jpg
    barenia w twilly2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 501
Everytime I buy a scarf in my local Hermes boutique, I always get told that their scarf book is out of stock. The only scarf book I have ever managed to get was the one that came with my plisse. My question is whether the PDF version on the website is exactly the same as the book?

tigger98 said:
Everytime I buy a scarf in my local Hermes boutique, I always get told that their scarf book is out of stock. The only scarf book I have ever managed to get was the one that came with my plisse. My question is whether the PDF version on the website is exactly the same as the book?

It's not. There are more ways to style in the scarf book.

What's a tribord?

Also, about the books: you often see them advertised on eBay, mostly 2002 edition. Are these books any different to the Playtime with your scarf that you can download and are there different scarf tying tricks in different editions?

@honu: I've never been given a book either, I thought you get more "freebies" the more you buy in one go and I've been a scarf-per-pop girl so far. Let's be BOLD and ask for those booklets next time!
Hi,
I searched the Hermes website but could not find the PDF file, playtime with your scarf. WOuld you please send it to me via e-mail?

Thank you so much.

GiGi