Hermes Sample Sale

1. im an aspiring birkin bag owner and have been viewing hermes blogs for inspiration...i enjoy everyone's stories! thanks for sharing..

anyways, just wanted to post this and ask if anyone was going?

What: Hermes Sample Sale
    Why: Prepare to wait in line for ready-to-wear merch and accessories for men and women.
    When: Aug. 23-26. Wed., 2-6 p.m.; Thurs., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
    Where: Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., b/t Sixth & Seventh Aves., 4th flr. (212-759-7585).

2. what types of things do they have usually? Would they have bracelets, twillys and keychains or is it mostly clothes and shoes?

3. Do they have birkins (not that I am even remotely located near the US) on sale? I've seen a couple of birkins on eBay on sale with an S stamp. Hang on, is a sample sale different than a sale? Sorry to sound silly, but I truly dont know. I have only been invited to a Hermes sale once only (at Hermes Singapore). I got the invitation and was showing it to my parents, they said no I cant go and so I threw the invitation away.. *sigh*. I wish I can go just to have a look and drool, but I have no business going to Singapore at that time, and funds were running low, so there you go.. no sale for me..

4. Birkin with S stamp? I thought those don't go on sale?

5. I do not know....but I'm going!

6. Oh please give us a report on what goodies are there.

7. ive never been to an hermes sample sale but have been to plenty other ones in nyc. its usually stuff they use for displays, press samples or extra items from the stores. its definitely alot cheaper than regular sales. you usually have to get there super early or else you'll end up with junk. for example, at the manolo sale shoes are only $100 a pair:yahoo:

8. The birkin I saw on ebay that had an S stamp was being offered by ebay seller hermes** (or was it hermes*, cant remember the exact name), but yeah, she had a black box birkin with (I think) blue jean trimming. She mentioned the bag had an S stamp on it. I also know a couple of ladies on other Hermes board that have birkins with an S stamp.

I personally wouldnt mind an S stamp on my birkin, just as long I can get a discount, LOL! Yeah, I'm cheap, hehehe..

9. Wowza, the stuff on displays! They display birkins and kellys too, right? That would be a gem if you can score a birkin or kelly on that sale.

10. OMG when and where is this manolo sale>!?!?!?

11. they are usually in may and november. it is by far the best sample sale ever! the only sad thing is you have to get invited to it and you must be one of the first 20 people to get in to get the best selection. it is also open to the public after a certain time. you are still able to get stuff depending on your size but its definitely worth it.

12. thanx nycbagaddict! That sucks about having to be invited though. By the time its open to the public my size will almost most definitly be gone (size 9 seems really popular)

13. I'm going to the sale tomorrow, I'll report what I find....I should probably leave now to get on line!

14. yessss go early and let us know!! good luck and hope you purchase great finds.:yes:

15. where on the bags do they stamp the s?