hermes sample sale

1. yeah i found out about this it kind of made me depressed cos im on the other side of the world (oz) but i think you NYers would like to know:

Sale stuff incl. RTW and some accessories for both men and women
    Date - Aug. 23-26. Wed., 2-6 p.m.; Thurs., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
    At: Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., b/t Sixth & Seventh Aves., 4th flr. (212-759-7585).

2. I've been to several of these. Expect a 2-hour wait. This is a new location though--not sure it will be the same.

3. susan-eric, did you get anything from your previous trips to the sale? was it worth it?

4. Are there really great things to be found???

Thanks for the heads up!

5. I have bought shoes for half off. But, the really great sales were some years back when I picked up a lot of Saint Louis Crystal and Hermes porcelain for my home. The last one I went to was disappointing, but they're in a larger space this year, so it's hard to know what to expect.

6. Hermes Sale

Hermes of Paris is synonymous with style and ultra luxe fashion. Don’t miss the sample sale featuring their collections.

Event Begins: 8/23/2006
    Event Ends: 8/26/2006
    Event Times: Wed 2pm-6pm
    Thu 10am-8pm
    Fri 10am-6pm
    Sat 10am-4pm

(btwn. 6th & 7th Ave.)
    4th Floor Gallery
    New York, NY 10011
    Payment Types: Visa/ MC/ Amex

7. I have been there. I am not into hermes clothes but my mom bought the most luxurious linen and silk top and skirt and pants. There were also a lot of scarves, shoes etc. I bought a couple of scarves.

8. If I may ask, what were the scarves sellling for at the sale?

9. do you know if they would have any of their handbags there? i'm not in nyc, but trying to convince my sister to make a trip over there for me. :tender:

10. There were a few hand bags at the last one, but not their "it" bags.

11. Just came back from the hermes sale line.. there were many people in front of us. They were only letting in 15 people at a time, and I can't wait that long, so I didn't go in.

The first person in line was standing there since 10:30AM.

Thanks!
    Does anyone know if the accesories (cufflinks and bracelets) were on sale too?

Thanks!

12. OK, I went there at 3:30 and was within 10 people of the front when they shut the line at 5:50. Poopies. I swear there was almost a riot. People really lose their cool at these things. Served me right for showing up at 3:30 anyway! For those who stayed past 5:30 (when they first said the line was shut down), they gave priority entrance vouchers for tomorrow. Of course, there will be at least 100 of those people tomorrow as well. When I got there, they were only letting people in 8 at a time.

Anyway, I interrogated many who were lucky enough to get in, and they all agreed that if you didn't want scarves or ties, then forget it. They had a few canvas bags, no belts, a few shoes, lots of clothes, no bracelets and lots of scarves and ties. Scarves are $192 and ties are $97.

The Intermix sale is in the same building tomorrow, so I'll be down there anyway (and with my priority voucher this time!).

Anyone have a better story?

13. I got there early and was among the first 50 in the door when the sale opened to the public at 2 :yahoo: . There were lots of scarves ($192) and ties ($87). There were also lots of canvas bags (small ones were around $150) and a decent amount of herbags (prices varied -- around $1000-$1400) and garden parties (prices varied --- around $600-900). They had limits on the number of items you could buy for certain things -10 for both scarves & ties, 2 canvas totes, 1 herbag and 1 garden party.

They had small leather goods - only a few leather bracelets that went quickly but a decent amount of little keychains, agendas, coin purses. Lots of RTW including hats and a few gloves. The shoe selection wasn't huge - ditto for home stuff. HTH!

14. Super update...I have known people that have gone to the sample sale and do they have stories to tell

15. ooooh kellybag do tell!!! Were there catfights? LOL

btw, did they have little keychains with the animals on them? Or would those never go on a sale like this?