Hermes SA rant - I want my Birkin! (long rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY! My life is about quality. Period. I want the best. It absolutely means I have less of it than my friends. I have less bags than most of my friends (which own multiple LVs, Guccis and Coach) but all of them are Hermes. I have less jewelry than my sister, but my jewelry is each the best I could get my hands on. I try to eat the best foods and give my children the best. It has nothing to do with status for me, but with quality of leathers/craftsmanship and the fact that even the simplest Hermes leather key wallet makes my heart sing when I hold it.

Hermes as a brand is very understated.

gazoo, I agree with you. As I get older and mature (a little..lol), I find that quality over quantity is more important to me. Had I saved and gone without the dozens of different designer handbags (that I ended up or will end up selling for less than I paid), I would have more than enough to purchase a couple of H bags. I admire my best friend's philosophy to have a couple of really nice things, instead of a ton of everything. Plus, I find you don't get to truly enjoy every piece (whether jewelry, handbags, etc.) if you have too much. My best friend establishes a signature look, carrying the same beautiful handbag and wearing the same gorgeous jewelry almost daily, besides special occassions or what not. I think it's kinda sweet.:smile:

I value high quality and design. In my home and on my person. For example, I love jewelry and when I buy it its of the very best quality. I dont have hundreds of pieces but what I have is of high quality and timeless design. I would rather one hermes bag than 20 bags over several years of $400 each..............

Exaaaaactly my thoughts!!!! Very well put!:yes:

If you really love the Birkin for it's quality then I don't have a problem with that..it's the people who want one simply because it's the "must have" fashion item that I feel are sad. Owning a Birkin to say "sucks boo ya" to your friends is not IMO what Hermes is about.

I try to buy the best I can afford (though I managed to get a Emilio Pucci cute little purse in TK Maxx for a fraction of the original price if it had have been bought in a "high end" store which shows the mark-ups these stores include in the price!). I'll save for something special. But those people who demand the IT bag of the month / year are the folk I'm getting at. You should buy a birkin if you want to cherish it, to use it and to love it...and for no other reason.

p.s. Still in love with the Evelyne so that's the bag I'm saving for. It's simple, classic and easy to wear with jeans or a suit...and you don't get RSI carrying it!:roflmfao:

Hi Guys!

I'm in Osaka at the moment and visited the Hermes Hilton store and it was THE best experience (much better than my first, hehe)

I got to play with a Rouge Garance Clemence HAC 28cm and a 40cm rouge vif Kelly (well, it was the large sized kelly)... Both were :drool:

I have truely converted to hermes now... I bought a Pegasus cadena from there and found a shooting star cadena from the 2nd hand shops here!!

I was so close to buying a blue jean 35cm Clemence Birkin, but i really wanted a red, so i will wait...

The quality and the leather is just so amazing (although i had to wear gloves in the second hand shops)... Now i know why you guys love Hermes so much..

I really love those enamel bracelets too and am dying for a Kelly double tour bracelet in blue jean...

Í think i'll pop downstairs and have a look again at their selections ;)

that's what u call "H bags comes with an attitude"..probably bad attitude from SA. Yes, they are probably "tired" of customers asking that question...I suggest Hermes to put a sign "Kindly do not ask for hot item like Birkins...as it is not available for walk-ins"..lol...

I love it, all of these rules, unwritten and otherwise. I really think it is funny but it kind of harks back to the old days when you were polite to SA's instead of being rude, like a lot of people are today! If only other shops would also insist on a polite policy!Lol!! I have swayed between getting a kelly and not etc, I must say, I would only get it from "the Mothership" - I love it!! I am not being cheeky in anyway, I just think,the hermes ladies are cute with their ways, codes, walk in's, walk outs etc!

S.A.'s are people first. Before salespeople, before brand reps.

And they can be jerks too. Think about it - how many are in YOUR office? There is no screening process, no legal leg to stand on for not hiring one. I think I've worked for more than I care to admit.

But the same way you wouldn't want your local office jerk to ruin your companies reputation for buyers, don't allow one to ruin your expectations of a brand well over a centurey old. Long before any unaccomidating S.A. was born.

Look around your local store. Wear an item or two you've bought elsewhere. Speak to many, many people who work there until you find YOUR S.A. He or she is there. Trust me. It took me many, many, MANY visits of friendly "housecalls" to my local H to find my perfect match. Was it frustrating? Good God yes. Did I have wonderful visit after wonderful visit looking and smelling (on the low low!) gorgy bags and accessories?

Yes.

Worth it? Yes. :heart:

S.A.'s are people first. Before salespeople, before brand reps.

And they can be jerks too. Think about it - how many are in YOUR office? There is no screening process, no legal leg to stand on for not hiring one. I think I've worked for more than I care to admit.

But the same way you wouldn't want your local office jerk to ruin your companies reputation for buyers, don't allow one to ruin your expectations of a brand well over a centurey old. Long before any unaccomidating S.A. was born.

Look around your local store. Wear an item or two you've bought elsewhere. Speak to many, many people who work there until you find YOUR S.A. He or she is there. Trust me. It took me many, many, MANY visits of friendly "housecalls" to my local H to find my perfect match. Was it frustrating? Good God yes. Did I have wonderful visit after wonderful visit looking and smelling (on the low low!) gorgy bags and accessories?

Yes.

Worth it? Yes. :heart:

DITTO--I tried a few SA's that were polite and somewhat dismissive.....til I found the right ones (2) But now they all recognize me and are friendly. I have even had one or two privately complain about a rude customer or two who treated them badly.

DITTO--I tried a few SA's that were polite and somewhat dismissive.....til I found the right ones (2) But now they all recognize me and are friendly. I have even had one or two privately complain about a rude customer or two who treated them badly.
ITA, I went to the Hermes store which was nearest to my office and was treated like dirt (if anyone is interested in getting the name of that SA please PM me I can let you know) but that did not deter my fascination with the brand as the quality and design are unsurpassed. So instead I went to another Hermes store which is further away and met the nicest SM there. Therefore do not be put off by rude SA, I definitely agree that most of the SA are friendly and polite and have manners but as in all industry there can be rotten apples in the barrel;)

Try this one.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/maintaining-a-h-relationship.156549/

Everything counts but not everything counts equally. The exact equation, like everything Hermes, is not fully known nor set in stone. :smile:

Oh! Thanks!! Just saw this. I literally just posted on the SCP thread since that’s where I go typically. Thank you!!!!

I wish it all counted equally. So many pretty things. I think they actually have their own systems, the SAs individually. That’s my theory anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.