Hermes SA and Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't give a gift to my beloved hairdresser, but i send him thank you notes after a particularly great cut and i tip big each time.
i give gifts to friends, personal tokens to people i have a relationship with. annual thank you notes to pediatricians, etc. i don't give gifts to SAs.
anyone and everyone enjoys a gesture of appreciation though - that is for sure.

I sent a fruit basket and wine to my obstetrician today. We send Christmas gifts to many people who have helped us/have been good friends during the year. I don't think of it as "sucking up"....my SA is a lovely person, and I visit the store very often and we share personal stories and chat for hours at a time (when she has the time). I really don't need to "suck up" to her - and if I did, I would no longer be her client!

Well I regularly give one yearly gift to hairdresser and the postman. My husband insists on giving our garbage guy a check. But I've never given a sales person a gift. I have definitely amped my visits to Hermes this year and recent threads made me question whether to gift my SA or not to. I really thank everyone for posting your thoughts on this.

I normally don't either. But when I left Paris, I popped into FSH with a box of chocolates for my SA and her colleagues. I'd already bought my dream bags from them (and more) in the previous weeks, so there was no sucking-up involved. But I did over the course of the month come in virtually every day (sometimes twice) -- sometimes just because I was in the neighborhood stretching my legs -- and they always took the time to show me anything and everything my whimsy desired and offered me a seat and espresso/cappucino/tea/mineral water on a silver tray, always with charm and good cheer. When I left for the last time, I even felt that a box of chocolates was really the least I could have offered them.

But not every SA/client relationship is the same, so the answer to the gift question will differ on a case by case basis.

I gave mine a beautiful french candle (after I got my Birkin). Another customer was dropping by at the same time with a gift of Godiva chocolates. So I guess it can't hurt. Plus I like her.

I don't think it's a bad thing to give a little gift. I mean, don't go getting them like a Rolex but, a small token of appreciation is always warmly received. When my SA (not H, but LV) got sick, I brought her some Emergen-C (For those who know what Emergen-C is and the wonderful powers that powder has, It was a blessing). I'm going to send her a card and probably at a 10-15 dollar Starbucks card for all that she goes through to help me. I don't think anyone takes chocolate or a gift card as a bribe. I think it's nice.
J

I had a close relationship with my regular SA who is also my close friend and the upper hermes management. For the upper management, I'm giving custom-made chocolates which I ordered from my cousin. He owned a chocolate factory. Each will be receiving cute heart-shaped boxes of chocolates filled with poems I specially wrote that signifies their individual characters. My SA loves diving underwater so I'm treating her to the sport plus the chocolates too. It's Christmas season so isn't the thrill of Christmas is receiving & giving presents?;)

I have known one of my SA's for almost 10 years...I would feel criminal for not acknowledging her over the Holidays. She attends to my needs with a patience , sincerity and kindness. I think Hermes DOES WOO us...through there products. I for one, know NO ONE is twisting my arm to walk in or call the boutique. I have always felt my love affair with Hermes was a mutual one.

The notecard accompanying this years carre catalog reiterates this sentiment. "Heading in which direction? Towards the most high-spirited of friendships and a feeling of anticipation for this years collection...which is perhaps already guiding your footsteps toward the nearest Hermes store, where we will await you with always the same happy expectation."

We give gifts to our milkman, mailman, bottled H2O guy, FedEx guy, UPS guy, landscapers, we've done this since I was a kid.
Hermes SA's are no different. It's called courtesy.

I found an SA in FSH whom I just LOVE (vs the previous one that I was close to loathing, even though I did score Birkins off that one), so a fellow tPF'er and I are going to give her chocolates for Christmas.

I think it's all a matter of relationships. Around Christmas I like to thank those who've gone above and beyond the normal service needs with a little something. So that includes the people at my hairdressers, the stores that I go to who always help me regardless of whether I've shopped there that season or not, the staff at the various doctors I visit over the course of the year etc.

Well......

Just got a phone call from my SA - she said all the staff wanted to say a HUGE Thank You, and they have been gorging themselves on the fruit all day!

Glad I sent it - it really was a small gift that was hugely appreciated....just wanted to give everyone a little feedback :yes:

I have received so much help from my SAs, and in less than a year, I've built up a very nice Hermes collection (some were bought from being in the right place at the right time, and some were never on the shelf), and I've been offered several opportunities to order bags...so it certainly isn't necessary to buy them gifts in order to get what you want. I think sincerity when you tell them you appreciate their help is more than enough.

However, a small inexpensive gift is OK, too.

O.K....you gals have inspierd me:popcorn: :drinkup: :drinks:
hopefully the holiday feasts, will not make my SA's forget what lovely persons they are, and that I am not trying to "buy" my way in to their good graces! :tispy: O.K....some food is on it's way!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.