Hermes Rumors

I much prefer the double-ring. I would probably have just gotten an "inspired-by" bag from Lederer if it were not for those rings. When using the shoulder strap (and I do use it - it's ALWAYS on my bag), the handle tends to stick out without the extra ring.

Since I do use my shoulder strap and leave it hanging on the bag all the time just in case, I don't find the double rings to be that distracting. I don't mind them so long as they perform a real function.

I agree that it is a cleaner look without the extra rings and without the shoulder strap you can kind of wonder what it's doing there.

I'm not saying that the single ring isn't possible as a SO. I had read somewhere on this forum that all 2008 Kelly bags would have just the single rings and as I have a 2008 Kelly bag with the double, I wanted to share:smile: I'm pretty sure that this is a made in 2008 bag - it is in a new color, and if they were going to change all of the rings for 2008 I doubt that they would let an L stamp out done the old way....
I agree to wait and see if they start doing all with the single ring, but I wanted to share that my 2008 Kelly is with the double...Also L stamp - not a new format:smile:

I love the double rings....and felt it was awkward using just a single ring for my shoulder strap on my vintage Kelly. But.....maybe I should try a larger bag than the 20cm. Maybe the larger size would make a difference.

Besides all that, I love the shine of hardware/metal on the Kellys and extra rings mean extra shine:smile:

I'm not saying that the single ring isn't possible as a SO. I had read somewhere on this forum that all 2008 Kelly bags would have just the single rings and as I have a 2008 Kelly bag with the double, I wanted to share:smile: I'm pretty sure that this is a made in 2008 bag - it is in a new color, and if they were going to change all of the rings for 2008 I doubt that they would let an L stamp out done the old way....
I agree to wait and see if they start doing all with the single ring, but I wanted to share that my 2008 Kelly is with the double...Also L stamp - not a new format:smile:

Forgot to say thank you!

Thanks Luxwear!

Ideally, the smaller & normal Kellys would have single rings standard and the larger ones have double? I can't imagine single rings on my behemoth 40cm.:lol:

I have the single ring on my Kelly because I thought I'd use it more sans shoulder strap. I'm finding that I'm leaving the strap on the bag (for optionality or due to laziness???) and wondering if I would have liked the double rings more. :confused1: