HERMES Purse Transaction Becoming Nightmare

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a friend that has an HERMES bag given to her my her grandmother. Her grandmother was wealthy, from France and married to the U.S. ambassador to France.

Anway, she did not have an e-bay account but was in a situation where she needed money and wanted to sell one of her three HERMES bags. She brought the bag over, I photographed it (in all the places she told me to) and we listed it on e-bay.

Now, I screwed up and didn't put a reserve on the listing and it sold for $1825,00. Before the bag was even shipped, the buyer had contacted someone named Cynthia to authenticate the bag based on my pictures that were on e-bay. I thought that was wierd since these are pictures in 72dpi. I would think that she would want to actually wait and look at the bag. Cynthia stated that it was probably a fake because the extra carrying strap was folded and wrapped and HERMES would never do that. Anway, I had promised any buyer a full refund within three days as a guarantee to it's authenticity.

The buyer asked for a refund before she even received the bag. I told her I would refund her because I didn't want any trouble on e-bay. I have 100% feedback and have been a member for 8 years. The buyer then e-mailed me today (after she got the bag) and said that the workmanship is shoddy and it is definitely a fake no question and she is filing a dispute with eBay.

I am beside myself. I am upset, confused and really don't know what is going on. Is this bag a fake? Frankly, I wouldn't know because until my friend brought it over I had never seen an HERMES bag before. I can tell you it sure didn't look fake though, It was very nicely made and had all the dust bags, rain cover, care documents etc.

So, sorry for this long post but suffice it to say I woud like to know from you seasoned pros out there whether you think this bag is a fake based on my e-bay pictures. I'll post them below. Any help you can provide is much appreciated. At this point, I feel I'm totally in the middle here. I'm not out any money because my friend is refunding this lady plus paying the shipping fees. I just don't want my eBay account harmed in any way. Thank you!
  2. I had to remove the link, no one is allowed to link their own auctions or post their eBay IDs here.
    Please visit the Hermes Shopping Forum, there you will find a thread called "Authenticate This Hermes", please post your photos there for help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.