Hermes Paris sale 2008

Australia does have sales, last year was our super duper one with leather goods, home wears and bags. but for the next decade its back to RTW and the occasional leather good sales, sigh

godiva - they won't take phone orders for sales items, I almost sure. The store at FSH distants itself from the sale completely. The store operates as usual, everything at full price and no sales signs in the window - the nearest they admit to having a sale is to offer a photocopied map of the location of the sale to lost tourists hoping for a bargain. (on my limited experience in the past!)

The sale takes place in a large hall/exhibition/theatre type room and all the stock there is discounted upto about 70%, so you can get some great deals. All the sales stock will be marked with a S - blind-stamped on leather goods or printed indelibly in ink on the scarf labels or inside items like gloves and shoes. You don't even get the orange bag at the sales, just white H sales bags. If you then visit the regular stores, you have to do the walk of 'shame' with your white bags, lol

Do the H stores in Australia have their own sales?

The local ones in the UK used to, but now it's only London that have the sale and it's not that great what what I've heard. How much are flights from Australia to Paris :sad:?

The store number for Paris FHS is 00 33 (0) 1 40 17 47 17

The tel numbers for all the stores are at the back of an H catalogue and also on the website Hermes.com
:tdown::sad::yucky: Thanks for all the info you've been very helpful, but I'm on the verge of bursting into tears :throwup:with no phone orders to Australia.1 scarf in Australia that might be $325USD is $500+AUD. Those prices I just cannot afford. I work 2 jobs & because I want 2 (one for myself & one for my mom who also happens to my bestie [I am her fashion advisor/stylist :P] for her birthday in February) Now until mid Febraury is a black out period so I cannot go anywhere until then plus tickets are about $2500AUD. If anyone can give me prices on a scarf, twillies, wallets, bags etc that would be greatly appreciated.

xxxxx
not allowed

Nice touch about having to account for the H items you are already wearing!
Checking my work diary for the beginning of January........whereabouts is Porte Maillot? It's ages since I took a walk or a Metro in Paris.

Well we all have our sources. The last sale was to get rid of all the excess stock they had accumulated over the last 10 years, the SA were saying that it will be that long before they have another one. And yes that traveled around Australia, started in Sydney, Brisbane then down to Melbourne. A few embers here picked up some stuff.

As for the biannual RTW sales, they aren't anythign special. Sometimes the odd scarf or wallet is thrown in but it's often the VIPs (who have access to the sales before the public) whom take the good stuff. The RTW is very expensive BTW, its great quality but to me a cashmere cardigan thats on sale for $2500 isnt really a bargain.

Nice touch about having to account for the H items you are already wearing!
Checking my work diary for the beginning of January........whereabouts is Porte Maillot? It's ages since I took a walk or a Metro in Paris.

Porte Maillot is to the west of Paris, looks about a 10 minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe. The P M metro stop is on metro line 1 (direction La Defence) and shares with RER line C, *squinting at my guide book*

The Palais de Congres looks huge, anyone have any idea where to go once you're there?

:tdown::sad::yucky: Thanks for all the info you've been very helpful, but I'm on the verge of bursting into tears :throwup:with no phone orders to Australia.1 scarf in Australia that might be $325USD is $500+AUD. Those prices I just cannot afford. I work 2 jobs & because I want 2 (one for myself & one for my mom who also happens to my bestie [I am her fashion advisor/stylist :P] for her birthday in February) Now until mid Febraury is a black out period so I cannot go anywhere until then plus tickets are about $2500AUD. If anyone can give me prices on a scarf, twillies, wallets, bags etc that would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone is actually going & would be willing to get me a couple of pieces please let me know. I need to know prices though. I would paypal you plus a bit extra for your time.:hysteric:

You need to be there, I didn't buy a single scarf last time, it's such a personal thing. I know it seems a long way off, but why don't you and your mum aim to come to Paris in June/July for the Hermes summer sale. From what you say, the flights might be cheaper, plus it's a holiday and Paris in June is wonderful, PLUS all that extra saving you can do between now and then.

Has anyone been to both the Paris sale and the NY sale because I'd like to know which one is better?

The NY store has a sale each year in the spring - but it's not that great and they have limited styles.

Every few years, there is a big Hermes sale with great deals.

Is there "anything" left after the first day? And how is their sales bag collection? I can imagine all the H fans grabbing things with wide open arms!