Hermes is coming to San Diego!!!

LOL, I agree, ValleyO.

LuvBolide..I thought it was a done deal, as well! I'm hoping that SA just didn't know what she was talking about. Just as long as we get one somewhere in this city, I'll be happy.

And yes, Oreganfanlisa, there is an H counter at NM but they only have scarves and a few rings. I had wanted to buy a Twilly on Friday but they didn't even have those.:crybaby:

I'd love to know the approx date it's expected to open. (Isn't there already an H counter at Neimans?) BTW, this makes FIVE west coast stores on the horizon. I think Denver and Vegas/Wynn are the first slated to open. Apparently Seattle's store will be in Neimans (boo). And there is Scottsdale.

They need to build one in Portland OR!

OK, so, I am going to go a little contrarian here and ask this question....

While the opening of a new H store can be cause for celebration, isn't it also, conversely, cause for concern? Could this expansion of H be related to the question of quality that has reared its head? Is H going too mass?

Thoughts? I may be off my rocker & apologies for the thread hi-jack!

I think it's always a worry that quality might be lacking, but I think that with a company like Hermes, we can be hopeful that they have already planned this through. After all, it's their reputation that's on the line.

I am only worried about timing my trip to the grand opening with enough open to buy on the old cc. :lol:

OK, so, I am going to go a little contrarian here and ask this question....

While the opening of a new H store can be cause for celebration, isn't it also, conversely, cause for concern? Could this expansion of H be related to the question of quality that has reared its head? Is H going too mass?

Thoughts? I may be off my rocker & apologies for the thread hi-jack!

Expanding is a natural progression when faced with increasing demand, and Hermes will only become more widely-recognized as time goes on. Though quality may suffer, I can't fault the executives behind the decision to open new stores- their jobs are dependent on growth and rising profits.

H boutique in San Diego will be opening by Mid-November for our tPF members around the area...according to our H contact in Wall Street!

The more reason to visit San Diego for R and R or for conference location or both...have it your way...

This is great news for San Diego! That city rocks!...even more so with the opening of the H boutique! Cheers for Southern California!

OOOOOOOH!!!!! Thank you so much petpringles!! Now I wonder what day/date it will be? They don't normally open on a weekend. Thursday?

When I find out the date...I will let tPF know...came from a very good source via email...hmmm, thinking of being there for the opening too...not a bad idea to show our support for this lovely individual!

I have been waiting patiently. I can't wait.

H boutique in San Diego will be opening by Mid-November for our tPF members around the area...according to our H contact in Wall Street!

The more reason to visit San Diego for R and R or for conference location or both...have it your way...

This is great news for San Diego! That city rocks!...even more so with the opening of the H boutique! Cheers for Southern California!

I was at Fashion Valley over the weekend and saw the store under construction. I'm not a Hermes fan, but the outside of the store looked pretty cool because the front and sides were replicas of the orange box right down to the brown ribbon (just while it's under construction instead of the usual ugly construction signs). Very cool--it was like a gift waiting to be opened by all the H lovers out there!