Hermes is coming to San Diego!!!

1. I posted this in General Discussion but I think you guys will be happy to hear as well...

Luxury Retailers To Open Shop Next Year In Fashion Valley

POSTED: 11:11 am PDT September 19, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:23 am PDT September 19, 2007

SAN DIEGO -- A number of high-end, luxury retailers are slated to open stores at San Diego's Fashion Valley Mall next year, it was announced Wednesday.
    The new tenants include Barney's New York Co-Op, CH Carolina Herrera, Hermes, Jimmy Choo, Just Cavalli, M Missoni, Michael Kors and Tourneau, according to Simon Property Group Inc., which owns the mall.
    Other trendy retailers set to open stores at Fashion Valley include Anthropologie, H&M, Juicy Couture and True Religion. "We truly believe that the San Diego region need not be underserved in the luxury market, and the great retailers who will be here in 2008 are an ideal fit for our Fashion Valley customer who expects nothing less than extraordinary merchandise and service," said Gary Lewis, executive vice president of leasing at Simon Property Group.
    The 1.7-million-square-foot mall gets about 18 million shoppers annually, according to Simon Property Group.
    Fashion Valley is one of only three malls in the world with the combination of Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's, according officials with Simon Property Group.
  2. Very interesting....when my mother (who lives in San Diego) met me for a day of shopping at SCP Hermes 3 weeks ago, she made a comment that SCP had the closest Hermes to her. The Loss Prevention manager stated that there was talk in corporate about opening up a shop in Fashion Valley or La Jolla, but it is "all about location".....I am loving this news ;) ...must call my mom now, hehe
  3. WOW. Tis a good news indeed. My brother doesn't have to go all the way down to SCP anymore for H :nuts:.

poppyluver: Thanks for posting!
  4. Now you guys can have a closer shopping trip! Hope all is well with you amkur!
  5. On my receipt today it says Hermes San Diego "coming soon".
    I'm so surprised and I can't wait.
  6. La Jolla would be a safer bet.
  7. ooooh, DH and i were in san diego not too long ago!! instead of sightseeing, we were more interested in finding an hermes store! LOL we ended up going to the zoo though....
  8. this is good news! another H location in CA that I can visit from time to time. plus we all know what this means......hehe new store opening= birkin & kelly opportunities
  9. So exciting! I'm going to San Diego for a golf trip....Can't wait!
  10. ^^ Yes more opportunities for Birkin buying!
  11. those living there are so lucky...:heart::yes:
  12. Thanks for giving this a bump up. I was worried because I was in NM, Fashion Valley on Friday and the SA said she had heard the Hermes San Diego plans fell through. I couldn't believe it! Perhaps this may have fallen through for Fashion Valley because H decided on a location in La Jolla? Whatever the case, I just hope we get one, soon!:love:
  13. Interesting...I thought the new H in Fashion Valley was a done deal. Saw a whole bunch of other names announced for new boutiques there, too. Maybe an em to Hermes central will get some additional info...
  14. I'd love to know the approx date it's expected to open. (Isn't there already an H counter at Neimans?) BTW, this makes FIVE west coast stores on the horizon. I think Denver and Vegas/Wynn are the first slated to open. Apparently Seattle's store will be in Neimans (boo). And there is Scottsdale.
  15. It's about time IMO- San Diego is California's third largest metropolitan area, after LA and the Bay Area.