hermes in amsterdam

Saw just after I wrote message that you were both travelling to australia!So for both of you!Have a very nice stay ,are you coming back or you staying there?
For Cal:typical weather for a broodje kroket!!

No...I will travel from the US to Europe...no Australia on this trip...I hope to get there someday soon!!!

Hmmm...must get organized...departure is coming soon!

Good for you , enjoy your stay!Traveling with any H-Bag?Thought that australian are not so in labels?Except maybe Nicole Kidman.Just wondering.
Lol, I never was into designer Bags until I moved to Europe! They're so expensive in Australia and I was amazed at how many designer bags were being carried when I was there late last year.

Ben jij Nederlands ? (are you Dutch?) Have fun at the Hermes store. I wish I was in Amsterdam then I could meet you up there, I just live a block from the PC Hooftstraat, now that I think of it, I really miss it:smile::crybaby:

Ja ,ik ben nederlands.(yes I am Dutch) Don't miss Holland too much it"s raining Cats and Dogs here!!
I am living near by Amsterdam now , but lived for a long time in Amsterdam.Love it!Especially were you have an apartment,we used to live also near the PC.Let me know if you come to Amsterdam who knows we can eat an broodje bij van Dam or the Joffers!

LOL, Cal... Hope we are able to meet...we are sure to get into some kind of trouble... Have you ever gone to Boom Chicago in Amsterdam? If so...tourist "trap" or entertaining?

haha your dutch is funny;) but it is good, we understand ik spreek geen Nederlands. Dutch and English bite.

I'm Dutch myself too, married an American, who works for a Dutch company. We traveled a lot back and forth for work and in between. But now My oldest goes to school in the states and we will not spend so much time there anymore....

I would love to eat at van dam en joffers with you, that's OUR street we live at !!!, just walk out your door and have everything available, the Vondelpark. I do miss those things:smile: and the knakworstjes.... de drop en de broodje shoarma.... :smile: we probably be back in autumn somewhere around a kids' holiday.

It's a difficult language so don''t be ashamed!Love Holland,Cal?
The most difficult thing about learning Dutch is the fact that EVERYONE can speak English. If I was forced to learn it then I would. I'm just too lazy, esp. with so much English on TV. Did I mention that I was too lazy? lol.

I really do love Holland but, unfortunately, we're going to be moving this year some time - having schooling issues with my son (loooooooong story). I will definitely miss it, esp. how great it is for kids with the Kinderboorderlij (OK, stop laughing LOL)

SoCal: Uhhhh, never heard of Boom Chigaco....I will google it. I don't really spend much time up in Amsterdam (do love it when I go) and usually just go up for the day to do some shopping.

Cal, my husband never learned to speak Dutch either, he tried to, but everyone talks English, and he is lazy too and he hates making mistakes:smile:. At work everyone speaks English too, the Chairman is American herself.

Now I have a problem, my Dutch became so bad (accent) everyone thinks I'm English and will tell me: Wow you speak Dutch so well....:smile:

back to australia?

almost right kinderboerderij :smile:

I never heard of boom chicago neither.
Just wondering are there more girls who live in holland on line?Altogether we have an mutual interest .......H!Or who are dutch but live abroad.
To Cal:the kinderboerderij is fun!

yes that would be fun. My son loves knakworstjes so bad. It's impossible to find in the States as it is not allowed to import. I now found a Dutch store who sends me every 2 weeks 3 cans (customs dont' seem to mind about that), he is soooo happy then.