Hermes Girls: What type luggage?

I still try to carry everything on board instead of checking my luggage in. I try to fit everything into my Birkin and LV Pegase. I am tempted to do what a friend of mine does- which is to bring a LV Keepall and a Pegase, but I'm afraid that would be perceived as two "luggages." He's able to get away with it because he's a tall *****y (you better not even ask me to check anything in) gay man. ;) So, I think the Keepall looks like a personal item on him.

I can't check anything in because I have so many awful experiences with checking in luggage. It's like if you buy insurance you know they'll ransack your luggage for sure because they know you have valuable things to insure. If you don't, the cap on most airline's lost or damage claims is $400. Now ladies, you know a set of your La Perla lingerie will run you more than the cap there! This topic always gets me fumed! :cursing:

BTW, due to the helpful tPFers of this site, I have been recently clued into the Les Pliages. I think it's a chic and nifty idea! I want one for my trip but unfortunately won't have it in time since I'm leaving in 2 days.

One question for you ladies who are around 5' 2" and have the custom large size Les Pliages for your 35 cm Birkin, does it look overwhelming on you? I'm imaging that a bag large enough to engulf my whole Birkin, including the handles, may look massive on my 5' 2" frame. I think I'll look like a runaway instead of chic! If any tPFers can share pix I would really appreciate it!

Samsonite (hard cases) or Timberland (soft) for trips over a month long.
Longchamps rolling suitcase for short trips.
Lancel duffel for overnight/weekend.
I have yet to take an H bag on a plane, but may do so this Christmas with a Longchamps "jacket".

I travel extensively... so it's got to be Samsonite for practicality... which I love and can bash around without any worries. No one will be interested in breaking into a Samsonite either so I feel pretty safe...! Carry ons I like to keep light.. so Goyard is my preference for now... occasionally Birkins (but I seldom carry them now as I find them a little too heavy especially when a laptop is involved).

I thought I always got my way because I am so cute. Hmmmm?????

Yes, it must be attributed to my cuteness as I am too much of a gentleman to ever be b****y. In public.:winkiss:

And it is LV.

:P La Monsieur- I hope you know I meant nothing personal by my description of my friend. After all, this is a guy who when the boarding gate personel asked him to check his Keepall, he grabbed his Keepall back and gave her the "oh no you ain't" look and proceeded to board the plane. Hope you were not offended! ;)

Definitely Swiss Army Victorinox for any travel that includes me bringing nice things...Hawaii or Europe...Kelty Lg Pack for any surf trips! Otherwise I would be rolling my luggage down a dirt road in Mal Pais!!! LOL!:jammin:

not a hermes girl... (the girl part not the hermes part)

but when traveling, I just use a Ricardo set. They are really sturdy and I've been using them for 4+ years. I would never, ever, check expensive luggage because they are soooo not careful and beat things around. I'll usually just carryon my messenger!

cheers,
J

BTW, due to the helpful tPFers of this site, I have been recently clued into the Les Pliages. I think it's a chic and nifty idea! I want one for my trip but unfortunately won't have it in time since I'm leaving in 2 days.

One question for you ladies who are around 5' 2" and have the custom large size Les Pliages for your 35 cm Birkin, does it look overwhelming on you? I'm imaging that a bag large enough to engulf my whole Birkin, including the handles, may look massive on my 5' 2" frame. I think I'll look like a runaway instead of chic! If any tPFers can share pix I would really appreciate it!

I am 5'2" and I have the large Les Pilages. Yes, it is pretty overwhelming, but it's the only size that fits a birkin 35. I feel chic anyways knowing my birkin is tucked safely inside.