Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Yes La petite Cherie is very simple and refreshing that's why it's good for summer but it doesn't last awfully long.

Shalimar is very special and it suits sophisticated /intelligent ladies and it works any season of the year. It's the signature product of Guerlain. This one was created entirely by the "nose" from Guerlain. While today it's almost impossible to find a "nose" who only works for one perfume factory. They work avg four to six hours a day and they are paid extremely high. Often the "nose" is actually the same person who creates two products for two entirely different companies these days.

As for Petite robe noir I would give it 7 out of 10. It works but I don't think it's the best of Guerlain.

I don't have a large collection of perfume. Only the ones I like. My extended French family members tend to stick to only one or two perfume for years or their entire life. The perfume somehow represents a person from what I understood. They see a perfume in a shop then immediately this comment would come up " oh that's Miriam's perfume ", "ah Bridget wears this one.".

Well I think that sometimes a little variety might help. [emoji1]

I wore one perfume for years and still believe it is one's "identity"
In addition to Shalimar, I like Jicky & L'Heure Bleu
Problem is, to me, they smell old & heavy (especially L'Bleu)
What do you think?
Shalimar smells like an enhanced Jicky. I don't care...I still like them
My friend from France loves L'Heure Bleu.

PBP: Congratulations on your bag!!! She is beautiful and very, very special. I’m glad your relationship with your home store is working out. I know my Hermes experience wouldn’t be nearly the same if I didn’t love my home store so much and I hope that everyone else here has similar experiences.

I love fragrances and have a lot of them myself. Too many, perhaps. The closest things I have to a signature are 24 Faubourg and Shalimar because I wear them both at least once a week. The rest are used less frequently but I try to use them all often. I really want a few new fragrances for the fall and winter.

As far as lipsticks go, to me Tom Ford is worth it. I have a few that I love…. but I’d only pay that price for the really special colors. I can’t bring myself to pay for the Louboutin lipsticks. I also really love Chanel, Dior, and YSL lipsticks. The Edward Bess one worked out well today. The formula isn’t drying at all.

Ah.... I miss going to Hermes. I am going to go there fairly soon, I think. There are a couple of things I've been debating back and forth about whether to get or not.

I'm relieved to hear that you like it as well. I thought I was strange. I remember a thread about hermescense on this very forum many years ago and brin reglisse ( auto correct REALLY wants to make this "vein reflux", lol) was singled out and mocked profusely. I felt fragrance shamed :lol: Only kidding of course, but it did make me think it wasn't popular in general. I love the pocket set and it's a nice price. DD loves the vanilla one and My SA has given me a few samples to try out at my own pace. She loves the poivre for me so I'll give it a go. If I can come up with 4, I will get the set.

I'm reluctant to admit my favorite fragrances. Usually not a mainstream favorite. Yes, I do like Brin Reglisse. I bought an Hermessence pocket fragrance set & thought it was a good price also. There are two vanilla based scents. One has vetiver. Something in it does not agree with me. I like Vanilla Galante. The Hermessence fragrances seem experimental in a smelling sense. Unique [emoji4]

I wore one perfume for years and still believe it is one's "identity"
In addition to Shalimar, I like Jicky & L'Heure Bleu
Problem is, to me, they smell old & heavy (especially L'Bleu)
What do you think?
Shalimar smells like an enhanced Jicky. I don't care...I still like them
My friend from France loves L'Heure Bleu.

L'Bleu is special because it was created by a Guerlain. But parfum from one hundred years ago tend to be heavier than lots of new ones created later. I don't have it myself. It smells pretty sophisticated, probably lots of different notes combined. I heard from my DH that it's very famous and lots of women from Europe love it.

The initial reason that parfum became more popular in late 1800's was because people didn't like to bath everyday. And in France for a long time they took bath with their underwear on. The parfum was to enhance their body scent. LOL basically to make sure they don't stink. [emoji1]therefore parfum was pretty heavy at that time.

Shalimar is excellent and oriental. The bottle is from a famous crystal maker The Baccarat. Chanel No.5 creator used to express how he admired the creator of Shalimar, Jacques Guerlain. [emoji1]

I'm reluctant to admit my favorite fragrances. Usually not a mainstream favorite. Yes, I do like Brin Reglisse. I bought an Hermessence pocket fragrance set & thought it was a good price also. There are two vanilla based scents. One has vetiver. Something in it does not agree with me. I like Vanilla Galante. The Hermessence fragrances seem experimental in a smelling sense. Unique [emoji4]

[emoji4]at age 12, my DH received his first bottle of parfum from his mother who was the owner of a parfum shop and a Dior shop stylist back then. That bottle was a famous brand back then. However After years of experiences he still hates the more complicated perfume. He loves the very inexpensive verbena from L'occitane. [emoji1]and he tried to convince me to use a simple vanilla perfume because he thinks he prefers petite women smell sweet and lovely not too sophisticated and business-women-like. [emoji23]

PBP: Congratulations on your bag!!! She is beautiful and very, very special. I’m glad your relationship with your home store is working out. I know my Hermes experience wouldn’t be nearly the same if I didn’t love my home store so much and I hope that everyone else here has similar experiences.

I love fragrances and have a lot of them myself. Too many, perhaps. The closest things I have to a signature are 24 Faubourg and Shalimar because I wear them both at least once a week. The rest are used less frequently but I try to use them all often. I really want a few new fragrances for the fall and winter.

As far as lipsticks go, to me Tom Ford is worth it. I have a few that I love…. but I’d only pay that price for the really special colors. I can’t bring myself to pay for the Louboutin lipsticks. I also really love Chanel, Dior, and YSL lipsticks. The Edward Bess one worked out well today. The formula isn’t drying at all.

Ah.... I miss going to Hermes. I am going to go there fairly soon, I think. There are a couple of things I've been debating back and forth about whether to get or not.

Wow I am so behind on the lipsticks. I have not tried one fourth of what you guys experimented. Out of Kyokei list I only tried Dior. I have been using the sephora liquid one because it doesn't make my lips crack. I never thought about TF. Several ppl mentioned it here. I am going to give it a shot.

I am missing going to Hermès too. I am just not sure if they have new arrivals for the fall scarves collection yet.

Anyone has experience with the cross body garden party bag? I am dying to get a cross body. Need empty hands to handle my little ones. I am thinking the leather one.

Ppup I keep going back and look at your new Kelly rouge H. It's so perfect!!! One of the best ones I have seen on tPF lately. Really happy for you. Not to mention this was the first offer you received from your home store. When I got my first offer it was a Izmir blue birkin and I had to debate for several hours before taking it. Yours is a no brainer. Congrats again my dear!![emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Reactions: Keren16
Wow I am so behind on the lipsticks. I have not tried one fourth of what you guys experimented. Out of Kyokei list I only tried Dior. I have been using the sephora liquid one because it doesn't make my lips crack. I never thought about TF. Several ppl mentioned it here. I am going to give it a shot.

I am missing going to Hermès too. I am just not sure if they have new arrivals for the fall scarves collection yet.

Anyone has experience with the cross body garden party bag? I am dying to get a cross body. Need empty hands to handle my little ones. I am thinking the leather one.

I haven't tried the Sephora one because I don't like going to Sephora stores (they are always so so packed, at least the ones in NYC get crazy...) so have little experience with the brand. I love lipsticks and they are the ultimate pick me up when I just want to get something small, so have amassed a collection of them and have tried many brands they stock at BG and Barneys.

For most of the brands, they have different formulas, so even if one doesn't work for you another might. There are certain lines I avoid within a brand and others that I really enjoy.

I think the fall scarves will arrive around December.

Ppup I keep going back and look at your new Kelly rouge H. It's so perfect!!! One of the best ones I have seen on tPF lately. Really happy for you. Not to mention this was the first offer you received from your home store. When I got my first offer it was a Izmir blue birkin and I had to debate for several hours before taking it. Yours is a no brainer. Congrats again my dear!![emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Question about this.... how long does Hermes usually give you to decide if you want to take a bag or not? Both my B and K were ones I ended up saying yes right away. My K I was in shock by since it was so unexpected, I had just bought an Evelyne three weeks prior. My heart stopped as I saw the handle of my K come out while my SA unboxed her for me.

I am going to Paris in about a month. Autumn is my absolute favorite time to visit. I only have a week and I don't want to over schedule myself. My favorite thing is just strolling, people watching and sitting at cafes. Strolling without a purpose is completely therapeutic for me. I booked a very long day tour to the countryside to see two castles and visit a vineyard. And I have the two short pastry classes. I have a few pieces of jewelry on hold at FSH and I'm hoping to find one of the bags left on my wishlist but that's always up to luck. No major shopping plans other than that. I like to check out some of the bridge brands that are better made than ours for staples like sheath dresses and skirts. Mostly I'm happy for the break from work to de stress.

I have never been to the sale. On one hand it sounds intriguing and I want to see what it is like. Any excuse to be in Paris anytime if the year in any weather is fine by me. But I'm afraid that the sale itself would be too stressful and any savings would be eaten up by the cost of travel. It would be fun to go as a group though.

Me too pocketbook pup, I'll be there in November , I love going there by that time, I [emoji173]️ strolling in champs elysse and drink hot [emoji485] enjoy looking at the Christmas window display in printemps ... hoping we get our wishlist ... good luck !!

I once had a cosmetic rep tell me in all sincerity that the reason I had oily skin (acne prone, at that) was that I wasn't using enough moisturizer. (pore clogging moisturizer. Ugh).

It does seem counter-intuitive, but there may actually be a little truth to this. I also have oily and acne-prone skin, and if I over-dry it with anti-acne type products the oiliness gets worse because the skin is trying to balance itself and is overproducing oil to counteract the dryness. . . if that makes sense. So moderation is key! There are non-comedogenic (non-pore-clogging) moisturizers out there. If I could change one thing about myself I think I'd choose perfect skin. Sigh. (If I could change more than one thing--no, don't get me started!)

Reactions: klynneann