Hermes at my mother's funeral

1. My mother died last Saturday and was buried on Wednesday. I carried the 32cm Black Box Kelly that I had bought nearly a year ago from LZ and which I gave to my mother shortly afterwards. She had hardly used it, but I felt so dignified carrying it, as her sole survivor (except for my son, of course.)

I was shocked at how quickly I was working up a patina though! I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had longer nails. Still, the bag is beautiful, and I will always think of my mother when I use her.

As is our family tradition, my mother had an open coffin for viewing Monday and Tuesday nights. I was so pleased when my 87 year old aunt, the sister of my father, who chaperoned my first trip to Europe in 1980, approached the coffin and then turned to me saying "That's the scarf we got in London, isn't it?" I couldn't believe that she had recognized the black, white, and gold Cliquetis scarf so quickly! It was the first of more than a dozen H scarves I had given my mother over the years, and was always special to both of us.
  2. coco-nut, I am sorry to hear about the demise of your mother.

I don't know what else to say. :sad:
  3. I am so sorry to hear that your mother is gone. Sending you lots of big hugs. My mother died too some years ago and it has been the hardest thing that I have ever gone through. Please PM /call me anytime if you need to talk.
  4. I´m so sorry for your loss Coco-nut. I love it that you have something to remind her of.
  5. I am soo sorry about your mother.

Yesterday, I wore a Pucci scarf that belonged to my mother in law that died 10 months ago. You will treasure these items and memories forever and they are wonderful to pass down along with the stories behind them.
  6. coco-nut, also very sorry to hear your sad news. i hope your bag will continue to bring you lots of fond memories of your mother and it is something to cherish all the more.
  7. coco-nut - my condolences on the death of your mother. it sounds as though you have many wonderful memories to carry you through this period of time and beyond - how wonderful to have some items to wear that will bring those memories to the forefront on occasion! best wishes to you and your son. hne
  8. Coco-nut, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that these days pass quickly and you can find peace. Your memories tied to these beautiful things will be treasures you'll keep with you forever. ::hugs::
  9. My condolences on your recent loss. I buried my grandmother last year. And I had to have a separate service just for myself and close mutual-friends so that I could tell her goodbye properly. I hope your mother led a fulfilled life and hope you are taking everything in your stride(which I do not for a moment doubt: - we H-users are made of stronger stuff).
  10. So sorry for your loss. Your memories of the good times will be a great consolation during the next difficult months.
  11. Coco-nut, what a beautiful story.

I'm so sorry, for your loss but am happy for you your wonderful memories.
  12. I'm sorry for your loss, coco-nut. I'm glad you had family support and were able to share happy memories at such a sad time.
  13. I am so sorry for your loss coco-nut, how much you must have loved her and what wonderful special memories you will always have

Wishing you peace my dear and sending you big hugs
  14. Oh my dear, I am so, so, sorry for your loss! I lost my own mother last year from complications of breast cancer after a long and difficult struggle so I understand what you are going through. Even when you know the end of your Mother's life is near you are never really prepared. I understand this.....please accept my heartfelt condolences and if there is anything I can help with, please PM me. I am here for you....

And what lovely memories you will have of your mother.....I remember when you gave that bag to her and how pleased she was. You made her very, very happy..............
  15. I am so sorry for your loss Coconut! I lost my grandmother (who raised me) a few years ago and I know how difficult it is. If you need anything I'm a PM away. :heart::heart::heart:My thoughts are with you.