Hermes as the Ultimate Appeal?

I agree, all roads lead to Hermes, eventually! But I also feel like each designer has something wonderful to contribute and serve very different purposes. I for one will cherish my birkin (when i finally get one) like no other- and will hopefully pass her down one day. While my other bags will be long gone, Hermes is forever!

:yes: I just got my first H bag this year (I'm 34) but I've been wanting one, well, forever. My evolution went from a bracelet a few years ago to earrings to pocket squares (a lot!) to a scarf to my Evelyne. :love: I have 3 LVs that I bought this year too and I love them (the Saleya will be perfect for rainy weather) but after spending a few hours yesterday in Hermes heaven I'm even more determined to save for a Kelly. :flowers:

Hermes and only Hermes for me. It has always been that way and will forever continue. I've been in love with their bags since I was 16 years old, started collecting a few years ago, but really got into it in the last year. That's when I really got into the history and knowledge of Hermes. I wanted more information on the markings on my bag and googled everything under the sun, purchased rare out of print books on Hermes, joined several collector's groups, and asked a million questions in the store. My findings led me to love this company even more. Most people want a Birkin or a Kelly for its status without realizing that some craftsman on the other side of the world labored on that bag for 18 hours hand making it. He may have even kissed their bag good-bye before sealing it in the bag, hoping that the bag he created will go to someone who will appreciate it for its quality and labor involved. Even if Hermes should no longer be the "It" bag, I will still continue to love it for its legacy, craftsmanship, and unwavering devotion to quality.

Even if Hermes should no longer be the "It" bag, I will still continue to love it for its legacy, craftsmanship, and unwavering devotion to quality.

i think a lot of us wish it weren't an "It" company. ;)
when i went to the nyc store yesterday, i looked up for once (usually the windows distract the heck out of me:shame:smile:, and saw the figure on the horse and saw the "flags." hermesgroupie, i just wanted to thank you for sharing your knowledge and getting me to look up. :flowers:

Except for the occasional bags for heavy rain and travelling, I'm mainly concentrating on Hermès. Although I've bought H scarves here and there I didn't really know much about the brand before I got my Bearn wallet and Kelly. I bought them because Cupid shot an arrow to my heart!

Afterwards, I tried to learn what I can about Hermès and really admire the craftsmanship and history.