Help!

1. Okay, I really need help.
    For the past few months now, I've been just bingeing and not really caring about what I eat. If I may, I would like to share some of my history:

Over the summer, I lost a lot of weight and I was already thin-to-average before so. I lost so much weight that my friends all commented on it when they saw me, and that my period basically stopped. I really did end up resembling a skeleton, and it took a brightly-lit dressing room while I was trying on a bikini to finally realize it.

So I started to eat more normally and gained weight.
    But now, for some reason, I can't seem to control my eating habits anymore. I eat pretty healthily during the day, but then nighttime, I snack on nuts and nut candies and such. Ugh, I don't know what's wrong with me, considering I eat a LOT (I eat quite a lot of veggies and sweet potatoes and such for my meals), so I really shouldn't be hungry, but then I do end up snacking on some nuts and such. I exercise at least 5 times a week, and so I think I'm pretty healthy, but I just can't seem to control this. I really would like these eating habits to stop, and I guess I started this thread so that I could maybe update it and check it to remind myself before I start snacking.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Thanks!

2. Happened to me when I started taking anti-depressants. I craved chocolate and sweets, and it got worse when I was PMSing.

I've heard some types of birth control also will do this. I'd talk to your doctor if I were you, especially if your new habit is timed with taking a prescription or a new IUD with hormones in it. If that isn't it, then maybe a therapist to find out why you've taken up comfort eating?

I wish you luck!!!

3. Hmmm...did seeing yourself so skinny cause some fear? I'm thinking it may be a sub-concious "survival" thing, but it might also be medical. It would be good for you to talk to someone about your eating. Sending good thoughts your way.

4. I find that I'm much less hungry in the evenings if I eat lots of fiber during the day...and plain popcorn is good at night. Have you been to see a doctor?

5. See your doctor ASAP.