Help with SNAD/Return on Hermes Bag

Yes, but this is not about authenticity. It´s about the condition of the bag. Maybe a written statement by Bukowskis (well known auction house) would suffice?

I know this is not about an "authenticuty issue" however, Carol

is well respected & she is certainly capable of giving a condition

report which is what the OP needs & paypal will accept her letterhead

that is why I made that sugggestion...

And OP should check with PP to see if they will accept a letter from

Bukowski's...

I am not sure PP will accept a letter from an auction house

Hermes does not authenticate, this is true. But the bag is authentic anyway, so I am thinking that if you take the bag in they can give you a detailed list of what would need to be done at a spa treatment to bring the bag up to an acceptable condition, perhaps that would help you??

Any updates OP???
The seller agreed to return the bag and the dispute was found in my favour!! She still wants me to pay 500 for her "losses" though..
I'm just waiting for the bag to be delivered and for the seller to sign all shipping documents upon receipt.
My shipping expenses were almost 700 USD (I made sure the bag was delivered with signature confirmation and through an express courier), so this has been a very expensive (and bad) experience.. I hope NO ONE will ever go through what I´ve been through these past few weeks..
Thank you for your support, I truly apreciate it...!
I´ll keep you updated!

Last edited:
The seller agreed to return the bag and the dispute was found in my favour!!
I'm just waiting for the seller to receive the bag and sign all relevant documents.
Return cost was almost 700 USD (I made sure the bag was delivered with signature confirmation and through an express courier), so this has been a very expensive (and bad) experience.. I hope NO ONE will ever go through what I´ve been through these past few weeks..
I´ll keep you updated!

It is a shame you had to pay $700 to post it back.
The seller should have refunded you return postage because she lied on her auction.
What a waste of time and money.:nogood::nogood:
Good luck OP

The seller agreed to return the bag and the dispute was found in my favour!! She still wants me to pay 500 for her "losses" though..
I'm just waiting for the bag to be delivered and for the seller to sign all shipping documents upon receipt.
My shipping expenses were almost 700 USD (I made sure the bag was delivered with signature confirmation and through an express courier), so this has been a very expensive (and bad) experience.. I hope NO ONE will ever go through what I´ve been through these past few weeks..
I´ll keep you updated!

Great news....:smile:

She can spit wooden nickels for wanting $500.... gimme a break...

what a manipulative & deceptive seller she turned out to be...

Oh sorry, I meant through Paypal!
The bag was listed on ebay but I bought it directly through the seller, so NO EBAY dispute, Just PAYPAL.. Thanks for pointing that out :smile:

I always buy everything on my own, and see the most of my items in person before purchase, but this time a very good client of mine had seen the bag on ebay and asked me to buy it for him. I´ll never do that again.. I´ve really learnt a really good lesson.
I know there are many good ebay sellers out there, but when it comes to such an expensive bag then you should propably see it in person before before paying..

Your client should have bought it, not you. Not sure why you had to take all of the risk. Do they know you spent all that money to return it?

Your client should have bought it, not you. Not sure why you had to take all of the risk. Do they know you spent all that money to return it?

Was thinking this as well... shouldn't the client at least offered to

pay return shipping or at least a portion of it..

OP indicated in the beginning of the post that the buyer requested

her to make the purchase & when the bag came they were both

disappointed....

Hey Guys, I need some advice.
I just purchased a 20K Hermes Kelly croc from ebay seller mimiaction. When I received the bag and put it out to daylight, me and my client (who I got the bag for) noticed there were a lot more wear and tear to the bag than what the pictures showed. Also, the bag was stated as excellent, and in my opinion the bag is only in ok-good condition.
I´ve tried to return the bag by claiming that the pictures and description were misleading, but the seller now claims she must keep 2000 USD for her re-stockhing fee. How can she do that when the description of the bag is incorrect? I do not like to utilise the return policy, however I want to void my agreement/purchase with the seller, since the description was not correct, plus the bags didn´t show important wear and tear omn the bag.
Please help me solve this as I feel scammed. I haven´t slept for days, and she also refuses to give me her shipping adress.
What can I do??

The client did have a look at the bag...

Was thinking this as well... shouldn't the client at least offered to

pay return shipping or at least a portion of it..

OP indicated in the beginning of the post that the buyer requested

her to make the purchase & when the bag came they were both

disappointed....
I agree with this. Your client should have paid the tab or at least offered to split the cost with you. Why should you take all the risks?

Great news....:smile:

She can spit wooden nickels for wanting $500.... gimme a break...

what a manipulative & deceptive seller she turned out to be...

Amen. I'd tell her to suck it. She's lucky she got the bag back in the condition she sent it. I'd be tempted to scratch the hell out of it and claim it was that way when I got it. Not really - I would never do that! lol But I'd for real be pissed!

Don't give her a dime. Especially since you had to pay $700 to send the thing back!

I agree with this. Your client should have paid the tab or at least offered to split the cost with you. Why should you take all the risks?

Maybe it's because she makes money as the "middle person" of the transaction, therefore she is the one to take the loss? I am just guessing here. OP?

Maybe it's because she makes money as the "middle person" of the transaction, therefore she is the one to take the loss? I am just guessing here. OP?

Even as the middle person, the client asked the OP to make the purchase in addition the buyer looked at the bag as both were disappointed..

The buyer should have made the gesture and it was up to the OP to perhaps
refuse .. I am just thinking that perhaps the OP never continued the discussion
with the client about how difficult the return was becoming..but the client had
to know the bag was going to be sent back...

It's just too bad that the OP has to be out $700...that stinks!!

Even as the middle person, the client asked the OP to make the purchase in addition the buyer looked at the bag as both were disappointed..

The buyer should have made the gesture and it was up to the OP to perhaps
refuse .. I am just thinking that perhaps the OP never continued the discussion
with the client about how difficult the return was becoming..but the client had
to know the bag was going to be sent back...

It's just too bad that the OP has to be out $700...that stinks!!

I completely and totally agree.