Help with scarf for my Mother's funeral

1. Hello, tPF!

I'm a faithful reader/lurker with a problem and I hope you can help!

My mother just passed away on 1/28 after a serious fall. It was very sudden and very shocking, as you can imagine. I'm only 28--she was only 63--one does not expect things like this to happen.

Mama gave me a beautiful Hermes fleurs de fuschia scarf (black colorway) and I want to wear it to her memorial this Saturday. I have a pretty prada v-neck dress that will look lovely with the scarf tied like a rose--the knot I am looking for help with is on p.17 of the Autumn-Winter 2004 Carre booklet.

I know this might seem like a silly thing to worry about after my mother's passing, but for some reason, I really want to wear this scarf in this particular knot. I know my Mama would like it so much!

I have looked through all of the other threads, and I cannot find directions for this particular knot. Please help if you can!

Thank you very much.

2. I am so very sorry for your loss.
    It sounds like a lovely tribute to your mom to wear the scarf she gave you.

can you possibly scan the photo, or take a pic of it with your cell phone and post it here?
  3. Jenny , I want to reach out there and just hug you, :heart:
    I am so sorry to hear of your sad and tragic loss, I too lost my mother at the same age. and think of her every day, I truly believe she is still watching over me as I am sure your mother is too.

Yes I fully understand this is important to wear this scarf that was given to you with love from the most special person in your life.

I am sure Rose and CB will be able to help, I am now going to go and look at my book , I am just not sure if I have that year book.

Perphaps you could describe or as CB has posted put a photo here???

thinking of you , am sure the forum will all chip in and help

4. so sorry for your loss. it would be so nice to wear the scarf. i think someone will be able to help you.
  5. Oh Brianna I am so sorry for the loss of your mother from a fall. How wonderful that you can wear a scarf that she gave you - it will be all the more special. A rose-shaped knot sounds lovely for this occasion or for that matter for any occasion. Big, big hugs to you. May all your family and friends help you through these days. :heart::heart::heart::heart:
  6. Im so sorry for your loss. Im sure someone here will be able to help you.
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a lovely tribute to wear the scarf. I hope someonehere can help you.
  8. Silly me--here is the image I was able to scan (I hope I'm doing this right!)

Thank you all for your kindness and support. It means so much!
  9. Brianna, I am so very sorry for your loss.

I looked up my scarf instructions but can't find any for that particular knot. My suggestion would be to construct the 'flower' by gathering the material with an elastic band and tease out the flower.
  10. I am terribly sorry for your loss.... I hope you will find the way to tie it. I just help you post the big picture.

11. I'm so sorry about your loss Brianna!:heart: My heart goes out to you esp. since my dad died in 06.

I haven't tried this style but Rose's suggestion sounds great!
  12. I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear Mother. I hope you will be able to get the scarf tied the way you want it.
  13. Brianna,

I don't know how to tie the knot, but I just want to say that I am so, so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you are going through.

My thoughts are with you.

14. So very sorry for your tragic loss & so nice that you want to wear the scarf that your mum gave you {{hugs}}
  15. Brianna, I'm so sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your mother. I hope you can take comfort in the memories of her....