Help with Ideas on How to Make the Bangle Fit?

1. Hi Ladies-

I was hoping you could help me with my crazy idea...

I really love the Coach bangles.
    I wanted to buy 2 during the last PCE but they are slightly too large for my wrist and slip off.

The SA told me they are only one sized.

I ended up not getting them, but I'd be lying to you all if I told you I have not been thinking of them since!

I was thinking I'd get one and somehow *safely* cut it and use it as one of those bangles that you can tighten around your wrist?
    Like this one: [​IMG]
    but I'm not sure what I could use to safely cut it and smooth out the edges.

Any ideas on how to make this work ladies?

Or any other ideas on what I could do?

I absolutely adore the bangles and would really love to get 2 to match my watches.

Any advice would be appreciated =]

2. Put it on with your hands behind your back. Seriously. Works every time.

I wouldn't cut it but that is just me.
  3. uhm. then i really think you should take it as a sign that you weren't meant to have the bangles.

i wonder if someone makes those plastic thingys like the ones you get to put on rings before you resize them? you kwim? those little plastic pieces?
  4. I think it'd be pretty tricky to pull off. I'd take it to a jeweler.
  5. I agree you could hurt yourself trying to cut it or damage a bracelett you spent alot of money on.
    I would take it to a jeweler and see what they can do.
  6. My wrist is too small, I can get it on just fine, it's keeping it on that's the problem ;)

I told myself the same thing, that's why i didn't get them. Since then I've tried to look for an alternate option for right hand jewelry. I opted for a tiffany's bracelet, but returned it because it wasn't exactly what I wanted....

What is this plastic thing you speak of?

That was going to be my last step because I'm sure they will look at me like I'm crazy that's why i figured I'd ask here first.
  7. I don't think you will be able to cut it and then bend it like you think you will. They are not solid metal - usually just gold/silver over brass - and the enamel would crack. Which one were you thinking of?
  8. Good thinking...I didn't even think of that.
    This is the one:
  9. Honestly, no. I wouldn't cut it because it doesn't really bend, I have one and and it's pretty solid.
  10. I agree that they are really solid and I wouldn't advise cutting them... definately not trying to do it on your own.

What about wearing other bangles with it (different brand), that are smaller and might be able to help secure it?? Does that make sense? I wear mine with some thinner silver bangles usually, one on top and two below it closest to my hand.... They usually cross over each other which might be enough to hold it on??? I dunno.... ;)
  11. my hands and wrists are too small for the bangles as well and well, i have given up hope for WEARING the bangles BUT i am still open to using them as decorations around my room!