help with choosing bag

daisy_eater21

Jun 5, 2006
Hi there girls (and boys? not sure if there are guys using this forum!). Im having trouble trying to decide what LV bag to buy. I have never bought an LV or any designer bag before so this will be a first for me. I have my eye on the manhattan PM but that one is really strecthing my budget so im still very undecided on that one. I go to uni so i need something that isnt too small. I also thought about a Speedy but i dont like the saggy look :s Any ideas?

you can put a piece of cardboard or a magazine at the bottom to prevent sagging for the speedy. :smile:

what are your handbag needs? do you like handheld or shoulder? small bags or large bags?

with LV there are SO many options at all different kinds of price points.

hmmmm. i usually go for shoulder bags because i like having my arms and hands free but wouldnt mind getting a handheld as i havent bought one of those for ages. i also go for bags that are bag and roomy but not too big as im only 4ft 11 :biggrin:

As for needs i want something that will hold the basic stuff i carry with me all the time (phone, long wallet, makeup bag, ipod nano, brush, tissue packet and keys) plus a little extra room

I suggest for a shoulder bag either the BH or the Neverfull

For a Handheld. I would go with a speedy. I took a DVD case and opened it up and laid it on the bottom of my Mini Lin Speedy and it fits perfect. (A trick I learned here) A lot of others use either a magazine or a piece of cardboard to minimize the sag.

i think i will leave the manhattan as a later purchase :sneaky:. its a bit too much for a first bag i think.

im looking at the batignolles now. the neverfull isnt as structured as much as id like it to be. not sure whether to get horizontal or vertical!

i think i will leave the manhattan as a later purchase :sneaky:. its a bit too much for a first bag i think.

im looking at the batignolles now. the neverfull isnt as structured as much as id like it to be. not sure whether to get horizontal or vertical!
I have the batignolles vertical. Got it as a gift from my mom (:heart::smile:). It's great as a shoulder bag and can hold alot. I'd definitely say get that one unless you want a bag to hold books etc. Then I'd say get the horizontal.

I agree with everyone else on this forum that the best shoulder bags for school and your budget are the Batignolles Horizontal and the Neverfull. I have the Speedy 30 and I put a magazine at the bottom, which fits perfectly, and thereis no sagging! The 30 holds a ton of stuff too! Good luck!