HELP! Who watched SAVING GRACE Last Night?

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I'm in North Carolina and for SOME insane reason the emergency broadcast system alert came on around 10:30-10:40 and cut into the show. Well, things happen but it was announcing an abduction alert that was 18 hours old and clear the heck in South Carolina near the Georgia line. I was SO ticked off!!

It was a good five minutes before it cut back to the show. Grace had just sat down in a car that had those creepy CD's the suspect listened to when they cut in. It came back on with her face in a closeup, then went to commercial. Anyone know what happened? I know the suspect killed himself and I think he was at a school, but that's all I could piece together.

What do you guys think of the show, by the way?

^^^Well, if a TV-MA rating is not to your liking I wouldn't recommend it because it's definitely earned it! Didn't bother me though. It's about like a PG-13 movie with a touch of R here and there.

It's a seriously quirky show! Partly realistic, partly fantasy, funny at times and sad at times. Bit of a rollercoaster ride in other words.

Holly Hunter plays an unmitigated badass and she does it convincingly well. I happen to like badass characters with redeeming qualities, so it works for me.

I'd say more, but I don't want to give anything away if you happen to see the first episode at another time. The one thing I'm wondering is if they'll have some sort of "on last week's episode" thing. If not, a new viewer will be totally lost on several significant points of the show.

If you decide to watch it next Monday and need some details filled in, drop me a note and I'll be happy to oblige. I expect I'm going to be hooked on this show unfortunately: it's past my bedtime! :blush:

Prada,I am thinking you may have seen it by now...but she finds the boy at at the farm/ranch the were early and he is up on a wall...she tries to talk him down and get him to tell her where the girl is...in the conversation, he asks her, "do you believe in God?" she thinks about it and answers "yes"...after seeming like she is getting through to him, he suddenly says, "it's too late" and jumps.

I thought it was pretty good . I was especially excited to see Kenny Johnson as her lover/cop partner....he is so amazing!

OOOOoooooo! Thanks for the update, Tink! That gave me goosebumps. It explains the look on her face when they cut back to the show.

Now I'm mad all over again for them cutting into the show. :mad:

Edit: Yes! The dirt and that tiny bit of blood and finding out WHOSE blood it was!! Yup, I think I'm going to be hooked on this one. I just hope they don't make her TOO nice. I like her character as it is.

Am I the only one here watching Saving Grace? :confused1:

I'm loving this show and I'm normally not a "new TV show" kind of gal. Old movies, old TV shows, but rarely anything that people are talking about.

Yep, I'm watching, but it's summer and I'm not working (I have a 10 month contact at a university), so in the fall, I may not have the time.

I really like Holly Hunter and she is indeed a bad ass! I love the scene with her wresting with the angel! And the scene with giving her neighbor an eyeful when she step out of the shower. Definitely TV MA!

Magical realism shows always suck me in, so I'm intrigued. I missed last weeks' show entirely, so I will need to surf for a repeat.

^^^Yes, you should try to scare up the first episode, maybe late night on TNT. There's so much info about Grace and why she's become the badass as well as "Earl" and Grace's connection to the death row inmate you saw near the end of last Monday's episode. I haven't looked myself since I've seen both episodes, but you could check TNT's website. I know there are at least some clips of the show there.

I was sitting on the sofa laughing my ass off when she and Earl were wrestling. The show's got some great one-liners too. When they are first in Greece and Grace says "is this ancient Greece?" Then Earl sort of off handedly said, "Nope, see the cell phone tower?" That cracked me up too.

Of course there's the 180 degree side of the show too. The ending left me stunned for a good two minutes. :wtf:

Can't wait for tonight's episode!