Help what is going on with Ebay.

1. I have today had a listing for a Louis Vuitton scarf (yes the one that everybody wants) taken down, eBay have given me no reason:cursing: and have not even sent me an email to confirm this and the only reason I know is because I could not understand why all my other items (most household and non designer items) were getting so many lookers but this item, which is very rare especially in the U.K. was receiving none. So I searched for it under all the headings it could be under and it is just not there. I was slightly worried when I changed it from a auction to a BUY IT NOW but I was told this was OK if it was done before there was any bidding. I know the item is authentic I purchased it myself from the flagship store in Paris and I obviously have the original receipt. What can I do I really want to sell it before Christmas as I need the funds and the joke is that there is such fakes on there.:sad:Can anybody throw some light onto this for me.
  2. It's not showing up in searches yet because of a new "trust & safety" policy eBay has put into place for certain designer brands including LV.

If it's showing up in your "My eBay Items I'm Selling", then it's out there live, people just can't search for it quite yet. It usually takes 12-24 hours after a listing like this is submitted before it will show up in searches. I know it's frustrating, but there is nothing to really be done about it.
  3. Does it still show under your "selling" items when you go to My Ebay? Sometimes when you change something on an auction, you have to wait all over again before it appears in searches.
  4. Oops, Cynthia beat me to it.
  5. Oops I really do not understand now!!!!! but I have now ended the listing myself early stating that there was a mistake in the earlier listing. BUT now I have tried to relist this message keeps coming up:

Attention Seller.
    In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits ae ocasionally placed on accounts listing items that are reportedly favored by counterfeiter. At this time, you are limited in the number of items you can list (or revise) in any 7 day period. If you have any additional questions about this subject email us at Customer Support.

HELP what have I done is there anyway out of this mess that I may well have put myself in:crybaby:.
  6. Oh. Well, that's the same policy, just a different part of it. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait it out for the 7 days. :s Sorry.
  7. rosie50 when you placed the listing you would of had an alert at the bottom of the page teling you that it may take a few hours for your listing to become visable. In the UK for Louis Vuitton it is 24 hrs, so you can see it but no one else can, hence why you had no watchers for the item.

The message you receievd when you tried to relist it means that you have listed to many designer items in 7 days. So to prevent the counterfeiters you can only list a few at a time! Also if you revised the listing that basically counts as if you have tried to list two items!

All of the above is normal procedure to selling on ebay.

When you are able to list it again it is probally worth doing a 10 day listing.
  8. Thanks everybody I think the trouble was I was so tired when I placed the listing I did not bother to read things properly, I was so worried about getting it listed when I really was not in the mood and I very rarely use ebay now. I only have 1 other design item up for sell which is a pair of Tod's the other things (8) are household items. The only thing is I have tried tonight to revise it numerous times is that going to mean that I will have to wait even longer before I can relist or will it still be 7 days.

Thank you for all your help, I so wish I had waited until I was not so tired but like everybody else rushing around for Christmas and trying to do too many things at once never works!!!!!!! what a :push::push::push:I have been.