HELP! What does "midnight" mean?

1. Hey! I know this is a heavily-frequented forum, and so I'm hoping for some quick answers...

I'm applying to a university program, and the application is due at "at midnight E.S.T. on Friday, January 12, 2007." Does that mean tonight, or tomorrow night? Gah!

EDIT: https://applicant.phm.utoronto.ca/ That's the application page with more information. Help figuring this out would be VERY much appreciated.

2. I think it means that it is due at 12am(midnight) on Friday/Saturday.

3. I'm not sure what they mean by it, but 12:00 midnight is actually the start of the day, which would be Thursday night/Friday morning. I'd call the school to verify if it's an issue, or just turn it in as far ahead of that as possible.

4. Just to be safe, I'd turn it in a day early if you can.

5. *nod* I think I will, and then make changes later as needed. :O

6. Still, there are some things I'm not sure about. e.g. I failed a few courses in my first year of university, but I have a legitimate excuse. However, there's no space provided to give justification, so I'm not sure what I should do. :sad:((

7. I believe midnight is the start of day (so tonight!!).

8. Do they let you attach documents? You could write an addendum about your grades.

9. That would mean Thursday night/Friday morning, the minute after 11:59 on Thursday.
    I am 100% positive of this.

10. :yes: ITA!

11. Okay, I just spent $200 on a pharmacy application. I think I'm going to faint. :O

I wrote down the two fails for that "special" year -- there were two more with funny three-letter codes, so I left those out. Any modifications to your application have to be made in writing, which is better than not having an application in, if tonight is indeed the deadline.

It said that any misrepresentation of information would result in your application getting revoked, so that's got me a little worried. Those "left out" classes aren't me lying, though -- I'm genuinely confused. If they need to know, I'll let them know. That should be okay, right?

katheryn - I'll call them tomorrow and see if there's anything that can be done. Sounds good?

Thanks, people! Better to be safe than sorry.

OH MY GOD. I just made a commitment to pharmacy. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

12. Good luck!!

I considered pharmacy, but we don't have the program here at U of C (if it exists, it's definitely not that great!!) So I went ahead with Engineering instead!

13. did you have to write a personal statement for your application? generally, thats where people may explain their special circumstances.

14. I agree.

15. I would think Friday/Saturday as well but what do I know?