HELP! Views on Gris Tourterelle Birkin needed!

Accessorize*me, I'm glad you didn't settle for the GT. I understand that the wait is painful but it's definitely worth it. I'm also waiting for my Etoupe to arrive. ;)

But now you are more sure of your decision and will be confident that waiting for etoupe will make you so much happier when it arrives! Stay strong!! Sending good vibes your direction for a quick arrival.

Hi hi! I have been having problems accessing the forum and posting where I am at, but on the days that I can, I have been quietly drooling over everyone's new H-purchases. :tup: CONGRATS all!

Today, my SA called to offer me a 35cm Gris Tourterelle, Togo Birkin with PH and I was wondering what are all you Hermes Experts' views on it?
I have asked her for an Etoupe colour in the same combi and she's telling me the Gris is very similar.

Does anyone have a Birkin in GT? I will really appreciate it if you can post a pic if you do!

I have read through the threads and somehow I am getting the feeling that the GT is like a less attractive/ second best step-sister of Etoupe! :Push:

I have already turned down a Birkin from her previously (35cm BJ Birkin in SWIFT...I wanted Togo/Clemence) so I feel pretty bad stepping into the shop unless I am pretty sure of getting the bag! :sweatdrop:

Any advice will be very much appreciated! Thanks! :flowers:

OK, you want to know MY opinion on Gris Touterelle???

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour!!!!!!! When I visited NY, I was lucky enough to play with a friends GT Birkin, and I FELL IN LOOOOOOVE! In fact, I am planning to order one, next podium (Feb.....can't do it this July, boohoo!). I adore it, and I am a dark brunette...and I must say, I think it suited me better than etoupe, and the friends I was with agreed.

BEST grey neutral, in my opinion, but I think you need to see it in real life to decide...someone mentioned once that it can look "chalky" and I agree, but I prefer to call it "muted"....so soft, delicate and stylish.

Go For It!!!!

I like GT a lot as well but I think one must be careful when it's a large bag such as a 35 Birkin. To me, this is a colour much more suited to a smaller bag such as a 30 Birkin or a 32 (or smaller) Kelly. It's just too much light grey for a vast amount of leather. That's my humble opinion anyway. I was given the opportunity a couple mths back for a GT 35 Birkin but after thinking about it and speaking with some friends, I told the SA not to worry about it. I don't regret that decision one bit. I still think about GT tho, and pondering it in a 28 Kelly or maybe 31cm Bolide....

I agree with everything Serenity said. SO PRETTY on a smaller bag.

OK, you want to know MY opinion on Gris Touterelle???

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour!!!!!!! When I visited NY, I was lucky enough to play with a friends GT Birkin, and I FELL IN LOOOOOOVE! In fact, I am planning to order one, next podium (Feb.....can't do it this July, boohoo!). I adore it, and I am a dark brunette...and I must say, I think it suited me better than etoupe, and the friends I was with agreed.

BEST grey neutral, in my opinion, but I think you need to see it in real life to decide...someone mentioned once that it can look "chalky" and I agree, but I prefer to call it "muted"....so soft, delicate and stylish.

Go For It!!!!

Grandfonds, I think you describe the colour so well! It IS delicate and stylish...but "chalky" too! So yeah, probably better on a smaller bag. :idea:

In fact, it got me thinking about getting Etoupe on smaller 'area' too.

MrsS, please do show me when you get your GT! :yes:
I think dressing style has a lot to do with it too...I wore light coloured jeans to the shop when I tried it on, so I really couldn't see the colour stand out. :Push:....

Thanks again everyone! All your advices and thoughts! You guys have been incredibly helpful!!! :cutesy: