Help! The Derek Lam Guinevere or Balenciaga?

1. I know...how do you compare two styles are completely different in every way? Theyre so different and I still can't decide! I am a sale queen, and Im often tempted to base a lot of my shopping choices at least in part on how great the deal is. Call me bad, I guess that is just how I am. I dont usually have problems finding stuff I like on sale and its sort of fun.

So I found these two bags at Barneys, great sale prices. Have to pick one. I need some expert opinions. Which do you like better?

"Balenciaga 182107" in black (the duffel shape); or the "Derek Lam Geunevere" in black (the diamond shape with horn detal)

I think I like the balenciaga better, I think its a litte more modern; but the Derek Lam was retail $2,000, while the Balenciaga was retail $1,295. I got each for $450. So basically Im having trouble letting go if the Derek Lam because Im not wanting to let go of the expensive "great deal". I love Derek Lam but does the bag look a little western or something?! The hardware is a little prettier on the Bbag too. They are both really nice. Thoughts?

http://www.jessicastyle.com/js/album_showpage.php?pic_id=8125&sid=c156f01e9efccfefd2adc60650b9b6a1&PHPSESSID=20f5b7d450eeca5f44066fa348e9f8c9

IMG_2270.JPG
  2. Heres the Bbag...

IMG_2270.JPG 182107.jpg
  3. I say go for the balenciaga if you like it better, because it doesn't matter how good the deal was - if you don't like the bag as much, it won't be as thrilling in the end.

4. I like the Balenciaga more. It's more versatile.

5. I'd pick the Bbag. I think that particular style is gorgeous!

6. the balenciaga, the leather is so yummy

7. Bal :tup:

8. Balenciaga

9. i wanna say derek lam just to be different, but id have to agree...balenciaga :smile:

10. Balenciaga Baby!!!

11. Balenciagaaaa :tup:

12. What is your honest feeling about the Derek Lam? I shouldnt keep both; that would be crazy. I think what I like least about the Derek Lam is the dark hardware.

13. Go with your heart! Doesn't matter really what the rest of us think! They're both beautiful.

14. I don't think you can go wrong with either one (and I looove deals like these!) but I am leaning towards the Bbag, that boxy shape is classic.

Let us know what you end up with...