HELP!!! the buyer is going to open a dispute

Oh, I have one more question, when I go to paypal to check how do I refund her money, I saw it says money refund has to be after 60 days of payment received.
is that means she will need 2 months in order to get her refund?
I am confused.

Be careful when in your paypal account and resolving a dispute, I know there are many sellers that have accidently refunded payments before they received back their items.
So just send her a message that you will refund once the bag is returned. Don't resolve the dispute yet.
Also you can recover your fees from ebay, if you are unsure how then use live help once you get your bag back.
So sorry this happened to you, she has probably just changed her mind about the bag.
I agree with the others paypal does not operate in a fair manner.

I am sorry to hear you had problems with this buyer. Unfortunately, Ebay and Paypal are very unfair. You shouldn't have to refund the buyer if she changed her mind but that's just the way it is with Paypal. I just hope she does send the bag back. I hope you resolve this soon.

Did you have a second chance buyer? I would just tell her to send back and you will refund bag only not on ship. If you don't have a second chance offer just put it up again. Times I have done this myself I made more money then the first sale!! Linda

Thank you all so much for your support and helping. I will be very careful for this issue. Since I will have a vacation within 2 days. I won't able to stay home and waiting for her package and send it to the second offer person. :crybaby:I might just relist it when I back from vacation.

Thank you all. :heart:

Do NOT refund her until you get the bag back and make sure its in the same condition as it was when you shipped it to her.

I personally never take bags back I list on ebay, but I do make sure my description and pix are very clear if there is any wear, etc. That way the buyer knows exactly what they are getting.

Good luck!

You could kindly ask her to return the bag and provide you the tracking number. Since this is a pricy bag, you should also ask her to insure the package while shipping, and you will pay the insurance fee. The last thing you want to happen is the bag lost in mail while returning.

I had the similiar experience once before. The buyer blamed on the condition (it was brand new) but actually it is a buyer remorse. It is not worth to fight, as long as the item is returned in a timely basis and is in its original condition.

I also heard many sellers now put ID tags on the pricy bags they sold and took pictures of them before shipping. Therefore buyers cannot exchange or use them for a few days and claim for return for refund. This is a great tip. I think we honest sellers should all do that.

Then, you can add her id to the "Block Bidder/Buyer List" if you don't welcome her bids anymore. You could find this option under SITE MAP/Selling Activities.

That TOTALLY sucks! What if she just opens a dispute and doesn't send the bag back. Then she automatically gets a refund AND keeps the bag? What encourages buyers to even accept a refund then if they're not honest? I thought the buyer had to, at the VERY LEAST, provide proof they returned the seller's property. If that's the case. buyers could doctor emails up saying they weren't getting any response and just open disputes without a seller even knowing what's about to hit them. Obviously, phoebe should wait for the bag before issuing a refund, but what IF the buyer wants it the other way around and decides to file a dispute because she doesn't get it her way....there's no recourse AT ALL??

Plus this sounds like buyers remorse to me. Usually there's a one reason why they're not happy with a purchase, but NOW she's saying it's fake in addition to the wear factor. It sounds like she's trying to find another reason to win a dispute in case the first reason doesn't fly and the condition of the bag was respresented corrrectly.

Stories like this make me sick. I'm thinking of moving some pricy bags and it's so discouraging to sell on ebay now.

I think the refund decision is probably the best for you but only after you received the bag. if you don't do it already, in future i would put a tag on your bag when you sell one, like is discussed here in other threads to avoid a bait and switch. I also always take detailed pictures just before I pack the bag.

I did want to mention though that paypal does require a buyer to return the bag once a SNAD claim has been found in their favour. at least paypal.uk states that in their terms and they have told me on the phone as well. and this is at the cost of the buyer, who should be able to prove they returned the bag.

did she open a dispute/claim already?

Nope, she didm't open a dispute after I promise her I will refund her money, once I received my bag.
However, this is really unbeleivable, I describe in my listing very clear, however, the buyer just hoping they can receive a brand new bag.
When they didn't received a brand new bag, they start to freak out.
Hey, I start bid is 1/3 the retail price, how could you expect a brand new bag for that price? though, the final price is much higher than my expectation.
Since she and other bidder had a bid fight.
But that is still not my fault. I did post a big picture and honest about the item.
then the second mail, she said oh I dont think your bag is authentic.
She is just crazy.

I will learn a lesson from this. hope nobody will meet this kind of buyer ever again. Thanks again for all your input. if it's not your help, I dont konw what should I do.

Do NOT refund her until you get the bag back and make sure its in the same condition as it was when you shipped it to her.

I personally never take bags back I list on ebay, but I do make sure my description and pix are very clear if there is any wear, etc. That way the buyer knows exactly what they are getting.

Good luck!

:yes: I second this. Also, for higher priced items (i.e. any designer bags), I've recently started taking date stamped pictures (newspaper in the background) of the bag in its state prior to being mailed out & the wrapping used etc.. I personally would be weary of accepting something back, for fear they would send you a different bag/a fake... (Unless you've tagged your bag somehow before sending out - which I think I'm also going to start doing this, putting a security band on the bag I'm selling.) Then if they even have sent you an empty box - you're out the $$ & bag...

I don't have alot of respect for people that are obviously trying to get around the rules, by going against what you state as your listing terms... That is just fishy & unacceptable. Just my opinion though! Good luck!!