Help! Stinky LV Cabas Mezzo from MyPoupette seller!

I put a dryer sheet in among the unprinted newsprint paper that I stuff all my LV's with.
I will take this seller off my list of favorite's now that I see your post- I can probably deal with getting odors out but rudeness- NOPE!

Can you make sure it's not mildew or mould? If not, I would spray with febreze and put dryer sheets in. Did she mention the smell? I don't know if this will fall under "significantly not as described" but if it does, you can file a paypal claim if you paid with pp. Will be hard to prove though. Did you ask for a discount? If you can't get her to work with you I'd consider leaving negative feedback.

I too have purchased a few bags from her. One DID smell and I requested a partial refund. It was menial at best...BUT I worked on the smell...and now it smells like febreeze! Good luck~

I bought a brand new MiuMiu from Neiman Marcus a couple of years ago, and it arrived with a musty, moldy smell. I had to send it back. I don't know where they store their inventory, but I certainly would expect better from them.

I bought a partition from her that reeked and I stuffed it with laundry dryer sheets and that took care of the problem within a few days. I know that's quite a few sheets for a mezzo, but it's worth a shot if nothing else works.

Just to update, I did decide to keep the bag after everything, I just didn't want to pay $40 to send the bag back & it was a good deal. She was willing to refund the money, but was upset that I posted on this forum. I just wish I had known about the high humidity problems with places like Hong Kong before I bought a bag. Hoping the smell will dissipate! Thanks for all the great suggestions!

She was upset that you posted on this forum? So basically 1) she uses your feedback on Ebay as a condition for proper customer service which should be a given and not "earned" for such a high-price piece, and 2) she was upset at you for being honestly open with your peers on this forum. I hate to sound negative but that sounds so shady and manipulative... if it were me I would leave her a neutral, not as much for the smell but for the customer service...

Yuk!!!!! Why would you even want to keep this bag unless you are totally in love with it? I would dispute it as "an item not as described" and get my $$$$$ back. Hopefully, you paid by credit card and can notify the company of the problem and request a chargeback. I've done that with some stinky scarves and gotten a total refund. There will always be another bag you will love that will meet your expectations so I would not settle for this. However, if you truly have your heart set on this particular bag keep airing it out and the mothball odor will evaporate eventually....weeks perhaps. I'd rather have something I love from the start, however.

I'm sorry, but that's disgusting. If it were a $10 bag from a thrift store, a stench might be OK, but it's a $700+ designer bag. It's not your fault she lives somewhere the humidity runs down the walls; if someone wants to sell on eBay it's their responsibility to either take good care of the stuff (dehumidifier anyone?), or be honest about the condition in the listing. This just steams me!!

No wonder she's upset that you posted here. You told the truth, and that's going to cost her a lot in sales. I just ADDED her to my favorites list, with a big note that says "do not buy from...stinky & rude". I hope you (or someone) reported this to MyPoopers too because they really need to start cracking down on their "approved sellers". They have lost a lot of credibility with me over the last two years or so.

But most importantly...I am sorry this happened to you! I hope you can get the smells out of the bag, and that you are able to wear it and enjoy it in the future!!