HELP! Spy Secret Compartment won't stay closed?

1. Hello All,

Just got my first Spy, and I love it. But I noticed that the closure on the secret comparment was a little loose, so I regreaable tried to tightened it with a tiny screwdriver, but now it won't close at all!! I'm totally distraught, as I only had it a day, and altought 100% authenticated by Fendi, I don't have a receipt. as anyone had this problem and if so, do you have any advise how I can get this to close again. I'm so upset.
  2. I had that happened to my metallic spy and when I took it back to the store, SA gave me a new one saying that it was a common defect. Take it back to the store. They will either fix it for you or replace it.
  3. Thank you. Do you think they will they do this without a receipt?
  4. I think they will, since it's their product. Just tell them you bought this bag awhile ago and you no longer have the receipt (I'm assuming you bought this bag used, since you don't have the receipt?). The worst that could happen is they may charge you for fixing it, but I don't see why because it's a defect. Goodluck.
  5. My metallic one has this problem. I am taking it back to the store and they are sending for spare part. Three months down the tract,I am still waiting for it to be fixed. It is a bit disappointing given the price of the bag. LV definitely has a better QC.
  6. Oh my gosh, I can't believe you are waiting after 3 months!! I can kick myself for trying to tighten it myself, but didn't know it was so delicate. Ugghh.
  7. I bought mine at a second-hand store here in did the same thing. They took some pliers, and put them in the opening(right at the top), and pushed has been fine ever since! You could try this first, and if it doesn't work, then take it to Fendi!
  8. put a cloth over the lid (to prevent scratching) and gently tap it with a hammer. do not use a plier unless you want to scratch it.
  9. I don't know if Fendi will have it repaired without a receipt. Since there are so many knockoffs they don't fix anything that doesn't come from a Fendi store. So even if you bought it at bloomingdales or Saks, Fendi still won't repair it. But I would definitely call them and at least try. They will probably also charge you. There are no guarantees and no "warranties". I would definitely go to your local handyman first. And it will take a really long time for them to repair it. Unless, you send it or take it directly to the people Fendi goes to to do repairs. Hope I've helped!
  10. I definately didn't want to wait over 3 months for a Fendi Store repair or pay for one, as I've waited for ages to get my Spy in the first place and don't want to part with it. So, although it took a tedious few hours & tools to get it right, I took your "self fix" finally got it closed securely & (for now) tightly. SUCCESS & HAPPINESS!!. I'm not planning on opening it again for now, but at least it's not loose and open. This forum is so awesome! A BIG THANK YOU for everyone for your advice : ).
  11. which "self-fix" method did you end up using successfully?
  12. I unscrewed completely, reallined it and rescrewed and then used AnnMerrcks idea of pushing forward very gently, but with a cotton wrapped tool to avoid damage to the hardware.
  13. Good work, aharmon! There's nothing like having the right tool for the job :yes: