Help, really bad morning sickness!!!

1. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I had some morning sickness w/ the 2 previous, nausea but not really throwing up . But this is crazy it's like both of those pregnancies put together. I can barley eat. I can't stand the sight or smell of a lot of food, and it lasts all day and night. It seems to be getting worse with time, not better. For the first month I was just nauseous a lot and I had cravings, Now I really don't want anything I have to force myself to eat and I am actually throwing up a couple times a day, and I am really extremley tired. More so than with the first 2. Any suggestions? My husband thinks it's twins. I told him if it is I get a full time maid:biggrin:

2. I sucked on sour candy and that seemed to help. A friend of mine purchased sea sickness bracelets and that helped her.

3. I eat tons of sour candy. I've never heard of the sea braclets.

4. Oh honey,

I'm so sorry, I have 2 kids and was sick the 1st 5 months with both, day and night. Get some salt and when you feel sick, sprinkle some in your palm and lick it. Sounds crazy I know but it works to prevent that sick feeling. I found it better than crackers, after a while those made me sick too

Feel better

5. According to my OB, ginger is a natural morning sickness remedy. She advised me to eat gingersnap cookies. It worked!

6. Oy, You may have Hyperemesis Gravidarum. There are various treatment options. Medications like Zofran, Phernergen, Compazine, Benedryl.

Talk to your Dr. ASAP about anti-nausea medications, and you need to go in the hospital if you get dehydrated. If you do not eat after 24 hours, call right away to get in. The more dehydrated you are, the worse you will feel & the slower it takes the meds to work.

7. I will be calling the Dr. Tomarrow seems like I am getting sick everytime I eat or do almost anything. I figured this would be subsiding by now:sad: . My Husband just left to get me some gatorade. He is kind of worried too.

8. I did the ginger thing too now that I think about it...I'll ask my friend if she knows the name of the sea sickness bands. She wore them on each wrist.

Hang in there!

9. You should listen to Japster, she is on her third round of Hyperemesis. It is very important to get treated, because a high level of dehydration and malnutrition caused by HG could harm your baby.

I lost 26 lbs my first trimester due to HG and had to go to the ER for dehydration several times. I hesitated to take medicine because I wanted to do as little as possible medicine wise for the baby's sake. Zofran worked well for me once I started taking it. It is expensive but worth it.

10. Hope everything is okay my dear!!!!!!! This is my first pregnancy and I guess I'm lucky because I didn't throw up at all (though I was very close many times).

Congrats on your pregnancy! :biggrin: Your avatar is so cute!

11. Twins....Could be...

My sis in law has twins and for her she said her other pregnancies she was fine not too much morning sickness, no throwing up, etc. (Btw, she already had 3 kids).

Anyway, she said when she was preg with the twins she got so sick. She even kept saying "I must be having twins cuz I feel so sick.""I wasn't like this with my other kids." She couldn't eat. Smells made her sick to her stomach. Any type of smell. She was throwing up and couldn't eat. She too was worried cuz she couldn't keep anything down.

Later she came to find out that yep, she was having twins. She had fraternal twins.

Good Luck!!!!!! And if you do end up having twins...tell dh not to forget about that maid!! :p
    (btw: twins don't really run that close in her family...I think she has some cousins somewhere that are twins and some distant aunts...not sure about her dh side of the fam.)

12. Yeah I've heard about this to on TV and it was suggested by a doctor :biggrin:

13. I'd also recommend the Ginger. I believe there are something called 'pregnancy pops' in the US that are like lollipops but taste like ginger? IDK, I have never used them :smile:

I'd definitely go to the Doctor, and based on what you have written, that's what you're going to do!

Hope that you are feeling better soon :biggrin:

14. Wow. I didnt have any morning sickness until the second trimester. It is really not that bad for me, or that often. I just HAVE to go lay down. I keep a towel and a trash can by the bed because I will not make it to the bathroom.

When I feel better, I drink TANG (powdered orange juice mix) and eat crackers. For some reason this helps!