Help! Questions about Balenciaga Matelasse Bags

1. Okay... I've been eyeing these bags... and I'm just a little curious. What sizes are there? Three? Or two? I'm totally confused... just trying to get more info. Can Anyone help me? :smile:

2. There are three sizes. I had a medium in French Blue that turned out way too big for my needs. In the new 07 F/W collection is the first time that the small was offered. I am going to get some comparison photos to show you.

3. starsnhevn, I'm so glad you asked b/c I wondered that too! I saw this picture on the celebrities section. Deana, do you know if this white Matelasse is a Medium or a large?

[​IMG]

4. Here is my medium Matelasse alone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Directly below the Matelasse is a row of City's then a Box style in the middle, with First's in both ends of the front row.

[​IMG]

Here it is with a City on the right, and a First on the left...

[​IMG]

Here it is with the City and the First, and a Box style in front of it...

[​IMG]

And this is a really great way to see how big it is. This shows the bottoms of my bags with City's closest to the Matelasse in the center...

[​IMG]

A couple of things I did not like about the style....the bottom leather is very soft and slouchy, and with the sides more structured and stiff I did not like how the bottom panel hung down from the weight of the things in my bag when I was carrying it. I did not like the tassel on the zipper pull in front. It was very stiff and had a stitch down the middle of it. This might make it more sturdy, but I love the soft flowing feel of regular tassels. And lastly, the zippered pocket on the front of the bag is faux, there isn't a pocket in there. I am not sure why but all the Matelasse front pockets are not pockets at all. I actually was glad it wasn't my first Bbag, because then I could compare the difference between the Matelasse and the classic motorcycle bags. I hope these photos will be helpful in getting an idea on the size of the bag. Make sure to come share photos of whatever bag you choose.
    :heart:

5. :yes:
    It looks like a large. I count the diamond shapes on the bags in photos to figure out the size, and as a way to spot fakes on eBay. If the diamond shapes are off, and the tassel on the front doesn't have a stitch down the center than it is most likely a fake. The center top row right between the handle there is 3 half diamonds at the very top on the medium size bags. Then on the sides there is 3 full diamond shapes with half diamond shapes at the top and bottom of the 3 full ones. You can see them very clearly in the photos of my Matelasse by itself. Let me go see if I can find a large and small to figure out how many diamonds are in the same spots on them.

6. Deana... I was hoping you'd see my thread! Thank you! :smile: I"m going to PM you... I need advice. LOL

7. [​IMG]

Now someone needs to tell me if the white bag on the right under the large white Matelasse is a Balenciaga? I have never seen this shape, and I sure am interested in finding out more about it. Anyone?

8. That looks like a marc jacobs stam.

9. :tup:
    Thanks! It's super cute, isn't it? I've never purchased a Marc Jacobs before. Mmmm
    :heart:

10. Yeah, it totally looks like a MJ stam. :smile: I love MJ. lol.

11. Stars, just FYI This is the "Photoshoot" I prepared some time ago when I received my Matelasse Grande (this is te bigger size): http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/matelasse-grande-photoshoot-160597.html#post3381941. If you scroll back in the same thread you'll also find a lot of images about the bag itself. Hope it helps. CHeers!

12. Thank you! I just got the Medium Matelasse... I hope I like it. :smile:

By the way, I'm 5'8" tall and kind of "fluffy" so hopefully the medium won't be too small on me. :smile:

13. I am about 5.7 and average (57.5 kg) I think will have to check conversion charts but I felt the med was too small I prefer the grande (now that was after trying on a work and weekender)

14. I want something more "purse" like... for when I need to be dressy and formal. you know? I'm worried the large is way to large... you know? :smile:

15. I think you have made the right choice the med is exactly what you need then:tup: